2 cycle oil harder to find

Has anyone else noticed 2 cycle oil disappearing from stores that used to sell it? Not big box, but Conveniences stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores, for example, don't carry it now in many cases where they did not long ago. Have noticed this beginning about the last year or two ago and seems to be accelerating. in the places that do carry it at all, prices are really high compared to even a year ago. I know, inflation on that one, but it seems part of it is because fewer and fewer places carry it.

Not as much demand for it, so i'm not surprised grocery and pharmacies don't stock it. Less and less 2 stroke stuff out there as homeowner ope. Readily available from amazon or amsoil.

I use amsoil , i hear good things about Red Armor.

Can you buy a 2-stroke anything besides a chain saw these days?

Most homeowners don't have a chain saw, hence no demand to stock it in convenience places.

1671853607701.jpg

I use it, it's good stuff.

You're welcome. (y) :)

Conveniences stores, pharmacies like CVS or Walgreens and grocery stores are overpriced on such items. If I'm willing to overpay for it, I'll go to an Ace Hardware.

BTW, I used Supertech 2-stroke outboard oil in a Lawn-Boy for years without issue.

Conveniences stores, pharmacies like CVS or Walgreens and grocery stores are overpriced on such items. If I'm willing to overpay for it, I'll go to an Ace Hardware.

BTW, I used Supertech 2-stroke outboard oil in a Lawn-Boy for years without issue.
I’d add that Walgreens is overpriced on many things - even store brand OTC meds - that says it all …

Has anyone else noticed 2 cycle oil disappearing from stores that used to sell it? Not big box, but Conveniences stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores, for example, don't carry it now in many cases where they did not long ago. Have noticed this beginning about the last year or two ago and seems to be accelerating. in the places that do carry it at all, prices are really high compared to even a year ago. I know, inflation on that one, but it seems part of it is because fewer and fewer places carry it.
Gotta wonder about demand … at one time I had everything 2S from boat motors to OPE … but my boats went 4S and OPE is more electric or 4S …

Can you buy a 2-stroke anything besides a chain saw these days?

Most homeowners don't have a chain saw, hence no demand to stock it in convenience places.
Some lawn equipment with 4 stroke engines require 2 stroke oil be mixed with the fuel.

Back