1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX, 4,500 on oil, Valvoline Conv and Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil Sample from Last February:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002313#000000

Notes:
-10w30 50% Valvoline Conv/50% Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic
-1 quart Shell Conventional makeup oil(My engine doesn't like Shell Oil Conv, my HLA's are noisy with this oil)
-13,000 miles on my Purolater Air filter
-Advance Auto Parts Oil filter
-oil is 4 months old, driven in the winter
-Car has 103,000 miles
-Drove 70% City and 30% highway

No problems showed up in the sample from your Hyundai. All wear read well belowaverages for this type of engine, which is a very good indication of normal wearing parts and careful operation. Insolubles (oil oxidation due to heat, use and blow-by) were low at 0.3%, showing good oil filtration. No fuel dilution or anti-freeze was found. Silicon was normal at 5 ppm, so your air filtration is still getting the job done. This engine appears to be doing well.

Aluminum 2
Chromium 0
Iron 2
Copper 1
Lead 0
Tin 1
Moly 91
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 1
Boron 57
Silicon 5
Sodium 0
Calcium 2451
Magnesium 10
Phosphorus 674
Zinc 797
Barium 0

SUS Viscosity: 59.2
Flashpoint in F: 375
Fuel %: AntiFreeze: 0
Water: 0
Insolubles:0.3

I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS except the fact that my car is burning 1 quart every 4,500 miles. I think it has to do with Synthetics. I get less oil consumptions with straight conventional oil.

1qt over 4500 miles really isn't that bad at all.What are you running now?

1 quart of Amsoil and 3 quarts of Valvoline Conventional is what I'm running now. My HLA's are very touchy and Shell Oil made my HLA's loud. Ever since I used Valvoline, my HLA are alot quieter now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back