1977 Buick Electra 225 transmission service

Wanting to do a pan drop on the 77 Buick that I got from my grandmother's estate. It only has 23,000 miles and I am sure it has never been done. The pan gasket is starting to seep pretty bad likely due to age. I am considering going with this fluid unless anyone sees a problem with it or has another recommendation. AC Delco III Fluid Would you use this or something else?

I'll also be ordering a Wix 58894 according to Rockauto. Probably try to take care of a few other tune-up/maintenance things as well.

I honestly didn't know GM still offered Dexron III, since they say to use Dexron VI on all GM automatic transmissions using any Dexron type ATF. There's nothing wrong with that stuff, but you can use a synthetic fluid like Dexron VI or Maxlife with no problems :)

If your transmission doesn't have a drain plug, get an aftermarket pan that has one

Just ordered 3 gallons of the fluid I listed above, a Wix trans filter, fuel filter, air filter. and spare oil filter. I was going to order plugs, wires, cap and rotor but it was coming from a different rockauto warehouse and the shipping didn't justify it on this order. Also threw on the good old discount code as well.

Back