1976 Honda CB750Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's 1976 Honda CB750Four.

This will be put on an auction next month.My dad fixed it up but ended up never riding it before he passed of Cancer in August of 2012.It ran awsome and was a really nice bike. Now a year later,we suspect bad gas is in the tank as it wont run.

What it brings at the auction it brings.I dont have the time or knowledge to get the bike running again,all I can do is hope someone brings some life back into it!

f3i0ll.jpg

I would find someone who can drain the fuel tank and the fuel bowls on the 4 carburetors. Put fresh gas in the tank and it may run OK. It's likely the carbs are gummed up and need taken apart and cleaned from the inside out. Remove the windshield. It makes the bike ugly which wont help at auction time.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I would find someone who can drain the fuel tank and the fuel bowls on the 4 carburetors. Put fresh gas in the tank and it may run OK. It's likely the carbs are gummed up and need taken apart and cleaned from the inside out. Remove the windshield. It makes the bike ugly which wont help at auction time.

I'd agree, if you can find someone who can drain the gas and just get it running for a couple hundred bucks the bike will bring that much more money at the auction. As a buyer if you can hear it run you know the parts are there, otherwise that's a huge unknown.

Regardless, the bike isn't worth that much.

In the condition it's in, you'd be lucky to get $500. You could probably expect to get that if it was running though. Maybe $700 running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back