1969 Yenko Camaro

Man, ever since I saw my 1st 1969 Camaro at LaPlace Dragstrip (near N'awlins) in November or December 1969 (my dad really liked racing in the cooler months) I was hooked and still am! My favorite 1969 Camaros are as follows;
1) 1969 RS Z/28 Camaro
2) 1969 COPO Camaro
3) 1969 Yenko Camaro
4) 1969 RS/SS Camaro
Enjoy looking at this nice Yenko up for auction.

EDIT; To get the full size pic go to the lower right hand corner of the opening pic and click onto FULL SCREEN.

Last edited:
We must be some kind of car soul brothers. I LOVE the 69

Short story, guy I grew up with built up a BB 69, I mean this guy focused on the engine did a superb job. And apparently spent some dough on the tires.

First time he really hooked up, he sheared all the lugs! Wow!

Short story, guy I grew up with built up a BB 69, I mean this guy focused on the engine did a superb job. And apparently spent some dough on the tires.

That's what I call a TORQUE MONSTUH!

After I saw that 1st Camaro, I would get my dad's HOT ROD and CAR CRAFT magazines and do my make believe list of what and how I would build/add on to my ONE DAY 1969 Camaro. Anyone remember PAW Hi-Performance parts house ads? That's where I would go to order my engine block and parts. They sold EVERYTHING to build ANY kind of engine your heart desired. I started out at 5-6 years old making my 1969 Camaro list!
Believe me, I had a VERY good childhood/teen years/and later lifestyle, around racing, building, and selling Hi-Performance ANYTHING! My dad, uncles, and cousins saw to that. ;)

Man, ever since I saw my 1st 1969 Camaro at LaPlace Dragstrip (near N'awlins) in November or December 1969 (my dad really liked racing in the cooler months) I was hooked and still am! My favorite 1969 Camaros are as follows;
1) 1969 RS Z/28 Camaro
2) 1969 COPO Camaro
3) 1969 Yenko Camaro
4) 1969 RS/SS Camaro
Enjoy looking at this nice Yenko up for auction.

EDIT; To get the full size pic go to the lower right hand corner of the opening pic and click onto FULL SCREEN.
And from what I've read the price new on the Yenko made them sit on the dealership lot for months.

After I saw that 1st Camaro, I would get my dad's HOT ROD and CAR CRAFT magazines and do my make believe list of what and how I would build/add on to my ONE DAY 1969 Camaro. Anyone remember PAW Hi-Performance parts house ads? That's where I would go to order my engine block and parts. They sold EVERYTHING to build ANY kind of engine your heart desired. I started out at 5-6 years old making my 1969 Camaro list!
Believe me, I had a VERY good childhood/teen years/and later lifestyle, around racing, building, and selling Hi-Performance ANYTHING! My dad, uncles, and cousins saw to that. ;)
Some might be wondering, 5-6 years old. He could read and write? NO! But I had a lot of construction paper and a 64 count box of crayons. I would draw on my paper and circle things in the magazines. It wasn't until I was 9-10 that I realized I was a goofy little kid having fun back then. But, at like 10-11 is when I started getting serious (well, sort of) with my list. From then on, I never looked back (when my dad started really teaching me).

If people only had ESP.............N, a crystal ball, etc., back then. If they only knew.
From Camaros.net Yenko replaced the Chevrolet window sticker with his own. The copies show a list price of $4381.65; the base price was $4245. This was about $500 over the list price of an identically equipped COPO.

In the famous MCR interview Don Yenko indicated he had to pay Chevrolet something for the engineering work required to produce and warranty the option. That cost had to be amortized over the production run.

Whatever the price, Yenkos' cars were impossible to sell by mid-1969 as they were virtually uninsurable. From what I could find the median national average income in 1969 was betweeen $8,600-9,400.
A Mint condition 1967 Yenko recently went for $632,500.00 on Barrett-Jackson. Whoever ordered this had alot of money back in the day a they spent an additional $675 plus dollars on the upgrades.

think ill finance that...using their handy calculator should be about 50,000/mo for the next 7yrs...

Back