16" bike recommendation for a three year old

You mean "belt guard" ? ;) I wonder what is the point, as the belt is not oily/greasy/dirty. Is it for safety, to prevent a shoelace or pants cuff from getting between the belt & sprocket, pulling on the leg or foot, causing a crash?

You mean "belt guard" ? ;) I wonder what is the point, as the belt is not oily/greasy/dirty. Is it for safety, to prevent a shoelace or pants cuff from getting between the belt & sprocket, pulling on the leg or foot, causing a crash?

There could be "belt slap" I guess. Doesn't look like a traditional chain guard, which protects stuff like pant legs from getting caught. When I used to commute I had a bike without one, and the typical thing that bike shops sold was a velcro loop to tighten the pant legs. And occasionally when I rode on my road bike I'd get cut by the chainring.

I missed the nifty belt drive. No oil stains on the socks and pants legs with a belt! Yes, it has a belt guard.

I have never heard of a belt-driven bicycle. Looks like a timing belt.
Belt drives have been popular for years. I missed it in the picture because I wasn't expecting a belt drive on a kid's bike and I was looking at it on the phone.

Back