'14 Subaru WRX | PU 5W30 | 7,500mi change

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to be doing my oil change this weekend - getting Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5w-40 and am trying to do half that and half Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30.

I can't seem to find Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 anywhere though - only the new Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30.....this okay? Thoughts?

Originally Posted By: Julch
I can't seem to find Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 anywhere though - only the new Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30.....this okay? Thoughts?

Anyone use this stuff before?

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum replaced Pennzoil Ultra.

-Dennis

I believe full name is now "Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Pure Plus Pretty Penny Penultimate Prosaic Pretty", because marketing people are just wacky.

Originally Posted By: Julch
So I'm going to be doing my oil change this weekend - getting Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5w-40 and am trying to do half that and half Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30.

Hi Julch - Our Pennzoil Ultra is now called Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic motor oil with PurePlus Technology. Now, your 2014 Subaru Impreza WRX F4-2.5L DOHC Turbo asks for a full synthetic 5W-30, with API SN specification – which means that our Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 product, or our Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30 product, could be used (of course, we would recommend our top-of-the-line Ultra Platinum product for this kind of performance engine).

We do not recommend mixing oil viscosities and/or additive packages from different types of motor oils. Not due to compatibility (because they are compatible), but due to a variety of technical issues – specifically, we cannot advise you on how to blend various motor oil products, and there would be no way for us to ensure that the mixture of the motor oils in your engine would then meet the minimum specifications required of the motor oil/Pennzoil performance claims/etc. - The Pennzoil Team

I have a 2015 wrx and have been using the pennzoil ultra blend so far. Haven't done an oil analysis yet but probably will In next change. In summer I did about 70 percent 5w-30 and 30 percent 5w-40. Had to change it last week so only put 1 quart 5w-40 in and balance 5w-30. Just figure it will help keep it from sheering as quickly. I like how it runs on it and have had no consumption in about 8,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back