'14 Odyssey No Rear Alignment Adj. (pic)

Went to Firestone to get an alignment done. They put it on the rack and said they are unable to adjust the rear which won't fix the drift I have. Does this sound normal? Should I take it to the dealer. Here is the printout the guy gave me. I declined the service until I could figure this out.

Attachments

• 20230221_111210.jpg
    20230221_111210.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 67
My vehicle has no rear adjustment for alignment. Solid beam rear, cheap and simple. So in general it is true some vehicles have no alignment capability in the rear. I can't say specifically for your van.

Do they still make shim kits for rear solid axles???? They used to use them years ago to correct rear toe or camber...

My vehicle has no rear adjustment for alignment. Solid beam rear, cheap and simple. So in general it is true some vehicles have no alignment capability in the rear. I can't say specifically for your van.
you used to be able to install shims to correct the toe and camber on solid rear axle cars..

I would kind of question what happened. Did you hit something? Was it always an issue or recent drifting problem? where were previous alignment's done and what was on those print outs. My daughters CRV needed some adjustable links to get the alignment correct. They were not that expensive but could not be corrected otherwise. I think it's a common thing with the Honda's but many just live with it and get as close as possible.

I was having hers fixed because her car would wander and keep pulling. She actually had a bad steering rack with valve issue that wouldn't re-center after a turn. if you turned left last it would have very slight left pull. Not enough to overcome road crown. if you turned right it would do the same but more pull to drift off road if not constant correction. Mine was an odd case that they hadn't seen before. Leaking racks yes, not quite centering either way, no.

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately I don't really know much about suspension. So I am pretty ignorant when it comes to alignment.

I would kind of question what happened. Did you hit something? Was it always an issue or recent drifting problem? where were previous alignment's done and what was on those print outs.
We bought the van used. I don't know the history except that it had no reported accidents. We have not been in any either. The drifting is not a big problem, just if you take your hands off the wheel at high speeds it will drift, other vehicles I have had have been much worse. The main reason I wanted to get it aligned was because Costco recommended we had the alignment checked because they were seeing some irregular tire wear. The tires are Michelin - 2 years old with under 25k on them. I want to get the full life out of them.

I spoke to the local Honda service dept. and they will do an alignment for $120. Firestone was $100. I figure for an extra $20 let the OEM figure it out. I might get a free inspection too. 🤷‍♂️

There is a toe adjustment. You can replace another set of arms with aftermarket adjustable ones in the rear to get camber adjustment as well. If it isn’t wearing tires I’d opt to just get the 4 wheel alignment in as best possible and go from there…but you’ll have to go to a shop who’s willing to adjust the rear. That shop was either too dumb to or saw a problem with the adjusters and is afraid to get into the mess if they’re seized or something.

Typical Odyssey rear spring sagging, bringing the camber down with it

Firestone didn't even get the front toe right, I'd ask for a refund, and try the Honda dealer

There is factory toe adjustment front and rear, front camber would need a set of camber bolts, rear an adjustable arm

We could use more info (year) on the Ody

Typical Odyssey rear spring sagging, bringing the camber down with it

Firestone didn't even get the front toe right, I'd ask for a refund, and try the Honda dealer

There is factory toe adjustment front and rear, front camber would need a set of camber bolts, rear an adjustable arm

We could use more info (year) on the Ody
'14 in the thread title. I denied the service. I will likely be taking it to the dealer for alignment. They want $120 and Firestone wanted $100. Just trying to extend the life of my tires.

Back