Please rate this alignment! Car still pulls.

Good to know. I imagine there is more adjustment capabilities for BMW vs Chevrolet. The dealership alignment techs at the dealership I worked for used to say “set the toe and let it go” centering the steering wheel only. The alignment criteria that’s within the allowable range is considered good enough by most otherwise. That sometimes doesn’t solve a true pulling-tracking issue as we know.

Little update, new tires today. The car still wants to lead right, although it feels a little better. No damage or evidence of damage could be seen while the car was on the lift. I went with Continental PureContact LS's which feel like a massive improvement over the stock tires. Feels like a different car on the road now with regards to handling, road noise, ride and dry traction.

Back to the dealership sometime this week.

Check your tire pressures. I had one tire shop inflat one tire to max and deflate other tire to correct the pull. I got truck from body shop and 1st thing i do is correct all tire pressures and notced it. When corrected the truck was pulling again. Notified body shop and he was miffed at the tire shop. I took it to my front end guy and he verified the other shop had not touched front end. Caps still on all adjustment bolts. Body shop took FE alignment i paid for off my bill.

2019 Impala with the 3.6L, 29,000 miles on the car. Tires are Firestone Firehawk GT's with 8/10ths left. I cant see any abnormal wear on the tires, but I'm no expert. Something feels a little off with the way the car tracks down the road, and I'm hoping you guys can help. I'm not sure if this is a tire issue yet as I haven't rotated the tires to see if that fixes anything. I'm hoping the get that done next week.

At speeds under ~45mpg the car drifts right consistently, and on roads with a noticeable crown the car pulls right.

At higher speeds the car is a little more unpredictable. It still generally drifts right, but sometimes it seems to wander, and once in a while I can get it to track straight for a little bit.

Either way I'm constantly having to make steering adjustments or hold the steering wheel to compensate for the pull. It's not horrible to drive, but it's getting a bit annoying considering this car is fairly new. I took it to the dealership today and had an alignment done, which didn't make a bit of difference.

View attachment 37320
It it normal to have a print out after an alignment is done?? I've had a supposed high rated shop do my truck two times and never a print out. Also truck still will not return to center after a turn.

FADEC, I'm not sure it might have to do with whatever they're using to align the car. Modern computerized systems might provide printouts while other methods don't? No clue.

I took the car back to the dealership on the 29th and got it back on the 6th. An issue that is common with these cars was found with the RF strut and it was replaced, and another alignment was done. NO caster measurements were taken even though I requested them. The car feels a bit better, but still wants to go right and now my steering wheel is off-center a couple degrees to the right. I would probably live with it at this point, but the off-center steering wheel is irritating. When I hold the steering wheel straight, the car steers left now. I was also told that the "fat" tires on these cars might make it more susceptible to tramlining, but I'm not sure that I buy that.

They loaned me a 2021 Blazer while the Impala was in the shop and that thing drove very straight, and required minimal effort to keep it going straight. Much like our 2008 Equinox, and the 2011 Malibu that I previously drove and put around 170k on.

Not sure what to do at this point, I might call the $85 a loss and just take the car to another shop for an alignment and troubleshooting. I've lost faith in this dealership.

E1v2cGxl.jpg

Last edited:
They need to get the camber centered up better. That would help some. Also adding a touch on negative camber to the right front wheel will help with a right pull. I’m talking about a touch more negative.
May want to try a different alignment shop with some seasoned techs that know a little more then just hit the green and good enough.

They need to get the camber centered up better. That would help some. Also adding a touch on negative camber to the right front wheel will help with a right pull. I’m talking about a touch more negative.
May want to try a different alignment shop with some seasoned techs that know a little more then just hit the green and good enough.
Thank you, I did find a GM pdf document that address alignment/pull issues and you are correct. At this point I plan on taking the car to another shop, but I also discovered that the car now has a vibration at 70mph+ that didn't exist prior to the new strut and second alignment. Not sure how much I want to spend at a second shop just to fix issues that should've been fixed or shouldn't exist.

Anyone know of a good place to get an alignment in Lansing MI?

Thank you, I did find a GM pdf document that address alignment/pull issues and you are correct. At this point I plan on taking the car to another shop, but I also discovered that the car now has a vibration at 70mph+ that didn't exist prior to the new strut and second alignment. Not sure how much I want to spend at a second shop just to fix issues that should've been fixed or shouldn't exist.

Anyone know of a good place to get an alignment in Lansing MI?
Man that sucks. Care to share that TSB?

Back