13th UOA, 07 Toyota 4.0L, Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w30, 10k miles on oil

It's too bad you feel the need to run premium. If I had to run premium, I would have sold the vehicle shortly after its purchase 13 yrs ago. That's a deal breaker for me.

This vehicle has never thrown a code. :) For the 200k miles that I have owned this vehicle, I have always run regular unleaded. I tried Super unleaded a time or two, but gas mileage didn't increase, but my wallet got lighter. :( I always get 20 mpg = 300 to 310 miles (15 gals) between fill-ups.
I've taken it to the local drag strip. It ran 16.1 in the quarter mile :)
And again, it doesn't use coolant as stated on the Blackstone report "0.0% antifreeze".
No makeup oil has ever been needed between oil changes :)

It's too bad you feel the need to run premium. If I had to run premium, I would have sold the vehicle shortly after its purchase 13 yrs ago. That's a deal breaker for me.

This vehicle has never thrown a code. :) For the 200k miles that I have owned this vehicle, I have always run regular unleaded. I tried Super unleaded a time or two, but gas mileage didn't increase, but my wallet got lighter. :( I always get 20 mpg = 300 to 310 miles (15 gals) between fill-ups.
And again, it doesn't use coolant as stated on the Blackstone report "0.0% antifreeze".
Here in California premium is only $.30 more. Not like some places where it's $1.00 more

20 mpg is quite good. Do you drive conservatively? I can’t seem to get above 18-19

Our FJ is 2wd/rwd, 200 Lbs lighter than its 4x4 cousin. I had a second FJ for a short period of time, a 2007 TRD 4x4. It got 18-19.

I live outside of town, so mostly country driving. It's 8 miles and 3 stop signs to the nearest grocery store. I never speed.

@jetman - Hi there, admire your zeal for Testing and Reporting on forum, but I am lost and still not able to understand neither your choice of oil (both weight & a diesel rated oil) nor what you are trying to determine? Appreciate if you can shed some light on what is that you are trying to get to? what is that you are trying to catch or accomplish? Members here will be able to engage with you on this matter more effectively...

Our 07 FJ runs like dog poo on regular. It pings and the transmission hints for gears on any incline. Even with the high gas prices I run premium in it.
My 13' Tacoma V6 pings with premium. But less so than when I run regular. I even had the TSB done on it to reduce the pinging. It was only for 12-14 Tacoma's with the V6. Oh well I guess...🙃

@jetman - Hi there, admire your zeal for Testing and Reporting on forum, but I am lost and still not able to understand neither your choice of oil (both weight & a diesel rated oil) nor what you are trying to determine? Appreciate if you can shed some light on what is that you are trying to get to? what is that you are trying to catch or accomplish? Members here will be able to engage with you on this matter more effectively...
It's a dual rated oil, spark and compression.
Mobil states "Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 is recommended for all types of modern automobile engines, especially the high-performance gasoline and diesel engines found in the latest passenger cars, SUVs and light vans."
I'm just providing info/data. Do with it what you will (y)

Back