10W30 Synthetic Quality vs. 5W30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNLESS your in a colder climate a 10-30 fake synthetic what i mostly use in Pa can be a better choice IMO + real synthetics of similar viscosity are usually better in colder climates as well as hotter ones. my loose 1.8 Audi TT gets 15-40 + 15-50 redline BUT is rarely started in the winter being a garage queen that time of year!!

there are straight #30 oils that meet 10-30 specs, BUT they are $$$$ being a REAL synthetic!!!

UNLESS your in a colder climate a 10-30 fake synthetic what i mostly use in Pa can be a better choice IMO + real synthetics of similar viscosity are usually better in colder climates as well as hotter ones. my loose 1.8 Audi TT gets 15-40 + 15-50 redline BUT is rarely started in the winter being a garage queen that time of year!!
there are straight #30 oils that meet 10-30 specs, BUT they are $$$$ being a REAL synthetic!!!
You know the number at the front is necessarily followed by a W because that's a whole separate grade from the number that trails it, right? "10-30" doesn't exist; no oil is simultaneously an SAE 10 and SAE 30. I mean, you've been here for 12 years, it's not really excusable for you not to have picked-up on and started using the correct terminology. Furthermore, how do you think that colours the perception of your posts?

bought 3 jugs of M1 EP 10W30 recently for just $60 … it’s SP oil …
Going in the 2017 5.3L at 70k … moved on from 0W20 at end of warranty …
(5W30 in motor now) …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back