10K OCI, mazda 3, 0-w20

Originally Posted by tomcruise
We've been running Rotella Gas Truck in our 2017 Mazda 6. It doesn't seem to care.

It could sprout a brush guard and a pair below the trailer hitch
ðŸ¤

My significant other has a 2012 Mazda 3 which I do the OCI . She is retired as of a year ago so her mileage has really dropped so I have decided to use the Mobil 1 Annual Performance which I got the 5w-20 as the 0W-20 was not available. I am using a fram tough guard and will do the oil change on the 4th then at Christmas I will switch out the oil filter with a new one and check to see if another oil change is actually needed. I expect the next oil change will be next June or July based upon her current mileage is less than 12,000 a year now .

Doesn't matter as long as there is oil on the dipstick. If you're cost-conscious, wait until Black Friday and buy jugs of M1 for $19.99 on Walmart.com. Or, go get Costco's new cheap syn. It really isn't possible for a normally aspirated Mazda four pot to stress motor oil. Period.

Mazda oil you buy at the dealer is good too. If you don't like the price, any of those you already know are good. The manual recommends Castrol. Maybe change less than 10K at first and have it analyzed to find out if you have any protection left. I like Mazda oil filters but I have run M1 and Zepro moly. Next two changes will be Schaefer 9000. I get it by the case about $20 cheaper from a local distributor. 2018 CX-5 just over 10k miles in 2 years. Mostly short trips, I change spring and fall.

Back