100% Random Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210130_130437.jpg

Yup, that's an abandoned power generating station, I think I covered it in a thread here at one point. The intake is another fancy building on the upper side of the falls and it was fed by two large tunnels that still run below the streets there, it's pretty incredible.
We got a suite with 2 separate rooms having panoramic views of horseshoe falls …
… hardly wanted to leave hotel but we followed the river and did many different things …

C’mon man … hydro is not renewable because the water only flows one way … 👀
LOL!

Quite interesting to look at these old girls and then one of the generator sets from Bruce, Darlington or Pickering which make so much more power.

Reactions: 4WD
LOL!

Quite interesting to look at these old girls and then one of the generator sets from Bruce, Darlington or Pickering which make so much more power.
Yeah … it’s like looking at old wooden derricks compared to a dynamically positioned drillship

Harry Payne Whitney - Wikipedia

James Purdey & Sons
Sidelock Ejector​
12ga, 2 5/8"​
pur.jpg
27" SxS chopper-lump barrels of Whitworth steel with swamped rib choked​
skeet & improved cylinder. 14 1/4"pull from front trigger to checkered wood​
butt, 1 7/8" - 2 7/8" drop. 3/8" Cast-off. Straight-grained walnut stock with straight​
English grip, Anson-pushbutton-release splinter forend, classic point-​
pattern checkering, vacant silver oval and teardrops. Fine English rose &​
scroll engraving on Purdey/Beesley action with cocking indicators, bushed​
firing pins, intercepting sears and automatic safety with SAFE inlaid in gold.​
Weight: 6lbs, 7oz. Built 1927 for Harry Payne Whitney. 98% blue, faint traces of case​
colors on receiver. Dead tight and with excellent bores. Minimum wall thicknesses:​
Right: .029"; Left: .026". In original maker's oak & leather case with proper​
trade labels, numerous accessories and later canvas & leather overcase.​

Yup, that's an abandoned power generating station, I think I covered it in a thread here at one point. The intake is another fancy building on the upper side of the falls and it was fed by two large tunnels that still run below the streets there, it's pretty incredible.

I smell condo opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back