100% Random Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
washed moments ago

IMG_5637.jpeg

I used to have a Samsung flip phone; one day it got ran over by a truck, it kept going strong nonetheless 😊
They were more durable than smart phones that’s for sure. I dropped my flip phones several times on hard floors and not a scratch on them. Can’t say I ever had one run over by a truck though.

They were more durable than smart phones that’s for sure. I dropped my flip phones several times on hard floors and not a scratch on them. Can’t say I ever had one run over by a truck though.
I remember when I upgraded from my VZW Motorola RAZR, and gave it to my brother in law, the farmer.
Shortly thereafter he was out in the field spraying their couple acres of Potatoes, managed to drop it off the tractor.
Didn't notice until he was finished, but it was too dark, "I'll look in the morning"

It rained overnight.
He found the phone, cleaned it up, let It dry out for a few days, fired right up like a champ, he used it for another 3 years....

I miss their simplicity, size, sturdiness and the most the battery life, 5 days easily

Yep those were the days. Now, I hear reports of the people nowadays that use them are drug dealers and vagrants. At least in my region
Yeah. My dads friend is 78 and upgraded to an iPhone 8 because Verizon doesn’t stock flip phones anymore and he wanted something that would take better pictures. They told him he could order a flip phone from their website but him or his wife don’t have a computer. Lol. I do occasionally see an older person with them still but that’s even rare nowadays. I know when I was at the farmers market not too long ago a whole Amish family had them probably because they can’t have much technology which is fine nothing wrong with that.

I remember when I upgraded from my VZW Motorola RAZR, and gave it to my brother in law, the farmer.
Shortly thereafter he was out in the field spraying their couple acres of Potatoes, managed to drop it off the tractor.
Didn't notice until he was finished, but it was too dark, "I'll look in the morning"

It rained overnight.
He found the phone, cleaned it up, let It dry out for a few days, fired right up like a champ, he used it for another 3 years....
That’s great. I was only two or three when the Motorola Razr came out but for some reason I remember the craze over them kinda like when a new iPhone releases today people line up out the door for them lol. My mom had one of those slide phones that was still a basic phone just with a full keyboard and she dropped it in the driveway and it blended in with the gravel and we didn’t find it till a week later and it fired right up actually wasn’t even dead. Just had a bunch of dust and scratches on it. Verizon replaced it with a flip phone that had a full keyboard because she done a lot of texting. If you ran over a smartphone I’m sure most of them no matter the brand would be done for.

Yeah. My dads friend is 78 and upgraded to an iPhone 8 because Verizon doesn’t stock flip phones anymore and he wanted something that would take better pictures. They told him he could order a flip phone from their website but him or his wife don’t have a computer. Lol. I do occasionally see an older person with them still but that’s even rare nowadays. I know when I was at the farmers market not too long ago a whole Amish family had them probably because they can’t have much technology which is fine nothing wrong with that.
this is the one we got dad.(we're all on VZW prepaid) 18-24 months ago, i got him a Used one from Fleabay, after a bit the battery wasn't staying charged very long (by his standard), at the time couldn't find a replacement battery, but Wally had the phone for $30. (reg. price, not on sale, about a year ago)
now he's starting to complain about the battery again, I was able to find a new battery for it, but first checked our local Wally to see if they had any of the phones in stock...and HOLY MOLY! it's now a $70 Phone. (which is what verizon was charging for it all along...)

(i've since done a little internet sleuthing, and have been able to somewhat "rejuvinate" the original "bad" battery. and I still have a back up handset should we need it, and a Spare NEW, likely NOS, Battery.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back