Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
It is going to be terrible.

"she's killing for sport!"

Domesticated raptors?

ppft

I'd think that would be a logical development, an attempt by the JW cloners to produce raptors that they can work with. Like a German shepherd attack dog, only not furry.

Maybe I'm a little too cynical, and they'll work his relationship with the raptors into the story very smartly. I have my doubts, though, and feel like it'll end up being a little cheesy.

For me, the raptors were one of the most thrilling and threatening characters in the original Jurassic Park. If they're toned down or made to be subservient laptors, and not totally bad [censored], then I'll be disappointed.

I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I just have a feeling that this movie will be a beautifully made stinker.

Agreed on the beautifully made stinker part.. and expensive.
But I'm sure it'll do well at the box office, well enough to break even at least.
I'm hoping the new Star Wars will at least be decent.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Ah, brings back fond memories of the guy getting eaten in the portajohn....
wink.gif

Great one liner by Malcolm/Goldblum when the layer runs for the john: "You gotta go when you gotta go." I know tacky and tasteless.

Yep!

Sucks when you go though....
grin.gif

The line appears in:

Jurassic Park, 1993
Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer than They Are, Meat Loaf (written by Jim Steinman), 1994
Toy Story 2, 1999
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, 2011

The earliest use of the meme I can remember was by Gary Larson, sometime in the 80s.

Objects.jpg

It is going to be terrible.

"she's killing for sport!"

Domesticated raptors?

ppft

I'd think that would be a logical development, an attempt by the JW cloners to produce raptors that they can work with. Like a German shepherd attack dog, only not furry.

Maybe I'm a little too cynical, and they'll work his relationship with the raptors into the story very smartly. I have my doubts, though, and feel like it'll end up being a little cheesy.

For me, the raptors were one of the most thrilling and threatening characters in the original Jurassic Park. If they're toned down or made to be subservient laptors, and not totally bad [censored], then I'll be disappointed.

I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I just have a feeling that this movie will be a beautifully made stinker.

I caught a new promo for the movie this weekend. We hear Pratt's character telling someone about one of the raptors, "She's the beta [of the group/pack]."

Woman: "Who's the alpha?"

Pratt: "You're lookin' at him."

And then that neat shot of Pratt roaring across a darkened field on a motorbike, with a raptor racing on either side . . .

(It reminds me of Murray Leinster's Hugo-winning novelette from the 1950s, "Exploration Team." A human explores a wild untamed planet in partnership with three adult Kodiak bears and a cub. Not pets, not sentient, but engineered to have an emotional relationship with humans. Very exciting story.)

I don't go to many first run movies these days; they're pretty pricey even during the reduced-price hours. But this one I'm set for.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
I preferred the "OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR" gag.

In Toy Story or Jurassic Park ?

The line appears in:

Jurassic Park, 1993
Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer than They Are, Meat Loaf (written by Jim Steinman), 1994
Toy Story 2, 1999
Transformers: Dark of the Moon, 2011

You left out "What Women Think". Mel Gibson's line....

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
You left out "What Women Think". Mel Gibson's line....

I don't know what women think.

The best part of Jurrasic World is that going to see it on the 12th is the last thing before I am going on my two-month summer vacation. I'll be out of everyone's wool till my return in September, unless I should drown or find another untimely demise while having a good time.

One more day. I'll be watching the movie in 3D at my local Regal theater at 7:00 pm. A review will follow.

One more day. I'll be watching the movie in 3D at my local Regal theater at 7:00 pm. A review will follow.

There's a 9:30 am show on Saturday at the AMC theatre I prefer to visit.

I was excited for this movie until I tried to watch Guardians of the Galaxy and realized I simply could not tolerate that Chris Pratt guy.

I'll probably just skip Jurassic World, now.

The early shows here are usually crowded with little kids. I have nothing against kids in general, but I'd rather avoid the inevitable background noise when watching a movie.

The early shows here are usually crowded with little kids. I have nothing against kids in general, but I'd rather avoid the inevitable background noise when watching a movie.

I agree. But there are kids at almost every show nowadays, it seems -- even the very late ones.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I was excited for this movie until I tried to watch Guardians of the Galaxy and realized I simply could not tolerate that Chris Pratt guy.

Well, there are actors and actresses whomI avoid like the plague, so I'm sympathetic to your diskike. Not that I have anything against the Pratt guy. I only know him from Parks & Recreation, when he was still fat. Is he a prat or something?

Well, there are actors and actresses whomI avoid like the plague, so I'm sympathetic to your diskike. Not that I have anything against the Pratt guy. I only know him from Parks & Recreation, when he was still fat. Is he a prat or something?

He played something of one on Everwood, when he was Emily Van Camp's brother and a pain in the neck to Treat Williams's son. Even then, his character had redeeming qualities, I thought.

I just got back from watching it. Here are my new rankings of the various entries into the series:

Jurassic Park, A
The Lost World, C
Jurassic Park 3, B
Jurassic World, A-

While not as original as Jurassic Park, how could it be with the already familiar concept and SF/X at an unprecedented level, Jurassic World holds up as a standalone movie, which neither the second nor the third movie accomplished. Jurassic World takes it time to introduce the characters and to set up the story. Tere's not a whole much there, wbut what's there is solid enough to not be detracting. Big action movies, like the Marvel Universe productions and Michael Bay movies tend to put me to sleep quickly during the action sequences, because eye candy, except Jessica Alba, is simply not enough to hold my interest. Jurassic World is not as dumb as the trailer suggests. Trailers are of course tailored to the lowest common denominator and to be the least offensive to the most people. If you liked Jurassic Park, you will probably like Jurassic World also. If you didn't like The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3, don't let that keep you from watching Jurassic World. That's it. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my summer vacation. I shall return in September with (maybe) gifts for you all. Over and out.

What what what??? He's hilarious! I was skeptical of Guardians because of all the hype it was getting, and I had never seen Parks and Rec. before that, but after seeing it, that was the first movie I had considered seeing again in theaters.

Parks and Rec. is hilarious. Granted we don't have "TV" at home so my only exposure is the stuff is what the GF shows me on her online streaming accounts. Just watched an episode called The Opossum. I work with a maintenance guy that looks/ acts just like Ron Swanson too. All I can think of is the Ron Swanson code.

Just watched JW. I liked it. Yes, it was the "same old thing" and full of angry dinosaur action. Even so, it was fun. I really enjoy seeing dinosaurs come to life.

I live in South Florida and my backyard is actually the everglades, where alligators roam. I occasionally get one in my back yard.

Few animals behave like the dinosaurs in JP and JW. Most reptiles simply hunt when hungry and hang out in the sun the rest of the time. Most of the time, they don't even move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back