1.4 lierecotec 2017 trax noise!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/053d9riLomQN8224eXEZDZfvgSweet I’m gonna let it cool down and check it out! That would be great if that’s what it is. So gunny I post on trax Facebook page people are like camshaft is bad I’m like 🤔 like the worst possible answers all because it’s an “ECOTIC” 👍🏻 so some clamps would suffice?
Do you have an update?
man I couldn’t find any obvious loose heat shields but it sounds like it’s a bearing from alternator, or water pump maybe? But it takes over 20 minutes until warmed up to hear it ? I’m baffled

Also I did the old long screwdriver trick to see if timing chain slop but none. Just the regular “ECOTIC”

Just a shot in the dark, but check out the issues with the AC compressors on the 1.4L motors used in the Trax and Cruze. My daughters Cruze has had the compressor noise for over 100k miles so it must not be detrimental.

Oh so even if ac isint on and no issues with ac currently something inside could be going out? Or that’s just how they sound lol which would t surprise me 👍🏻 thx

Back