0w40 choices for my 2019 Dodge Scatpack

Anyone out there using another 0w40 oil besides Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in their 6.4 Scatpacks? Opinions about Castrol Edge 0w40?
I've used several.
- Mobil 1 0W-40 (the original SRT oil)
- Castrol Edge 0W-40
- Ravenol SSL 0W-40
- @High Performance Lubricants Super Car 0W-40 (my current fill)

I've owned 4x 6.4L's (this is #4). Really fun N/A mill and they sound great.

Edge 0w40 is a great oil however its price is unreal right now i believe. 67 bucks a jug when it used to be below 25 a jug. Might want to look into @High Performance Lubricants supercar 0w40

It seems that if you want a really good oil then you might want to look at the HPL oils. It also seems like a really good oil comes out and then it gets cheapened, anyone who has been on this forum for awhile will know what I am talking about.

Most of the xw-40 oils are going to be full SAPS unless you source a LL04 or 229.51 type oil.

The Stellantus PUP 0W-40 product is based on a API/ILSAC additive system that is arguably low or medium-SAPS.

So, if you move away from the OEM fill, there are very few xw-40 choices that use an additive system that is similar to PUP 0W-40. The HPL 5W-40 (standard line) is the only one that comes close.

Most of the xw-40 oils are going to be full SAPS unless you source a LL04 or 229.51 type oil.

The Stellantus PUP 0W-40 product is based on a API/ILSAC additive system that is arguably low or medium-SAPS.

So, if you move away from the OEM fill, there are very few xw-40 choices that use an additive system that is similar to PUP 0W-40. The HPL 5W-40 (standard line) is the only one that comes close.
Thank you! I'll look in to the HPL stuff.

It seems that if you want a really good oil then you might want to look at the HPL oils. It also seems like a really good oil comes out and then it gets cheapened, anyone who has been on this forum for awhile will know what I am talking about.
Thank you Brian!

Anyone out there using another 0w40 oil besides Pennzoil Ultra Platinum in their 6.4 Scatpacks? Opinions about Castrol Edge 0w40?

this is all you need to protect your wonderful scatpack . Love those Hemi’s

In my 6.4 truck, i'm running HPL premium plus passenger car oil , in the 800-850ppm moly range. I may consider the HPL supercar next year. I'm going to ask more about it at the open house.

I used PUP so far, and I have 7 more quarts for the next time, but I just ordered Valvoline European 0W-40.
I'm mostly annoyed by the fact that PUP is not sold in 5 qt jugs and I use the original containers to bring the used oil to be disposed of.
Filling up 6-7 bottles using the funnel is a major hassle for me, plus usually a jug is cheaper than 5 bottles.
I use the car on the street, no racing, so I don't think it's gonna make any difference anyways.
Valvoline claims one of the recommended applications is MS-12633: valvoline 0W-40

Edge 0w40 is a great oil however its price is unreal right now i believe. 67 bucks a jug when it used to be below 25 a jug. Might want to look into @High Performance Lubricants supercar 0w40
Just received an email back from Castrol Customer Service. They are going to look into this pricing error at Walmart.
This was their reply:

Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

The price in question for Castrol EDGE Euro Car 0W-40 A3/B4 on Walmart.com is not correct so we will reach out to Wal-Mart about the observation to have it corrected.

The Walmart.com system uses auto pricing to match the lowest market price in most cases. However, their system is not perfect so when errors like this are found, we ask them (Wal-Mart) to help fix it as soon as possible.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention!

Thank you again for contacting Castrol. We value your patronage!

Sincerely,

Castrol Consumer Relations
1-800-462-0835
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET

Back