0W20 QS full syn has disappeared here, need options

I have been going to Costco and buying the two 5 quart jugs of Kirkland full synthetic for under $40.00. I don't need to stock up and Costco doesn't seem to run out of this oil. I used to buy the boutique oils and the Kirkland oil seems to work out just fine in my vehicles.

Are you near a dealer to just buy the Mazda OEM oil?
That's one of the first things I did as I knew the Mazda oil has a really good dose of moly.. Between the two dealers I checked, one wanted almost 9.00 a quart and the other about 9.50. With 5 qts req'd that ends up being an expensive do it yourself oil change. Then you have to add in the filter, so over fifty bucks in both cases. That's getting pretty stiff for a retiree.

That's one of the first things I did as I knew the Mazda oil has a really good dose of moly.. Between the two dealers I checked, one wanted almost 9.00 a quart and the other about 9.50. With 5 qts req'd that ends up being an expensive do it yourself oil change. Then you have to add in the filter, so over fifty bucks in both cases. That's getting pretty stiff for a retiree.
Then it sounds like your best option is the lowest priced XW20 you can get that meets the manufacturer requirements

How long is your oci? Can you run the oil filter twice?

I went from 5w20 to 10W30 QSFS on my Ford /Mazda 2.0L 4 cylinder and it runs quieter, better and more efficiently (!) than with the 20 grade Valvoline or Edge run previously - though the Valvoline was no slouch.
The Quaker State sports a pour point of -54C and a Viscosity Index of 150, Both superb for a 10W30.
I went for the 10W as I am supposing it has less VM than the 5W whick mean cleaner engine, more consistent performance.

- Ken

Thank-you for the offer! I sucked it up this morning and went an got a jug of Valvoline. Needed to get the change done for a trip this coming weekend. Thanks again.
I recently switched from Rotella Gas Truck to Valvoline Extended Protection. First time to run Valvoline since the early 80's and thus far it has been a good choice to switch. Happy to grab some QS if you need it in the future.

Back