0W20 QS full syn has disappeared here, need options

QSUD and QS full synthetic have been my go to oil for my Mazdas for years. QS 0W20 has disappeared from our shelves at Walmart and local auto parts stores. You can't order it from Walmart either. I like and use it for it's healthy dose of moly and reasonable price. I now need to find a hopefully similar alternative. I understand that Valvoline Advanced Syn. has extra moly content but 0W20 is getting hard to find as well and it's price has gone up significantly (along with everything else). Are there any other readily available (and priced) 0W20 weight oils with a good dose of moly out there? Thanks

You can always order it at Wal-Mart online and have it delivered to your local WM store (at least in COS you can).

I have ran M1, Havoline Pro DS and Valvoline in my SkyActiv motor. It doesn’t care which brand you put into it.

My dealership just switched to Kendall. That was a surprise.

Tried that, itt comes up as "unavailable" or "out of stock" here.
The creatine supplement I buy has been out of stock at wm and wm.com, so I see what you mean.

If you go Valvoline and want the triple digit moly, you have to get the EP version.

QSUD and QS full synthetic have been my go to oil for my Mazdas for years. QS 0W20 has disappeared from our shelves at Walmart and local auto parts stores. You can't order it from Walmart either. I like and use it for it's healthy dose of moly and reasonable price. I now need to find a hopefully similar alternative. I understand that Valvoline Advanced Syn. has extra moly content but 0W20 is getting hard to find as well and it's price has gone up significantly (along with everything else). Are there any other readily available (and priced) 0W20 weight oils with a good dose of moly out there? Thanks
See below:
Keep in mind that there's different types of moly, namely dinuclear and trinuclear MoDTC. Trinuclear MoDTC is much more effective than dinuclear MoDTC and at lower concentrations. Trinuclear MoDTC at 80 ppm is more effective than dinuclear MoDTC at 200 ppm, for example. The old SN formula for PYB, PHM, and QSAD used dinuclear MoDTC. Don't let the number alone fool you.

Mobil 1 EP 0w20. High PAO, 80ppm trinuclear moly. One of the best off the shelf 0w20 oils you can get.
Good luck with finding any. I ordered 10 jugs a week ago and only 8 have shown up, and they were from different warehouses.

I have ran M1, Havoline Pro DS and Valvoline in my SkyActiv motor. It doesn’t care which brand you put into it.

My dealership just switched to Kendall. That was a surprise.
That would be a neat surprise to discover. (My Kia's seemed to really like Kendall oils.)

I'm guessing I'll get another M1 fill during my oil change on Wednesday though.

As you say, the SkyActiv-G doesn't seem to be picky though.

Good luck with finding any. I ordered 10 jugs a week ago and only 8 have shown up, and they were from different warehouses.
Not sure what you're talking about.
Readily available at Walmart.com, it's on roll back, and free shipping at $35+.
Also plenty at my local store.

If you are really a rebate chaser, you could get O'Reilly to price match, then submit the O'Reilly $10 rebate thru Mobil 1 so you'd be at about $16.xx for a 5-quart jug.

Not sure what you're talking about.
Readily available at Walmart.com, it's on roll back, and free shipping at $35+.
Also plenty at my local store.

If you are really a rebate chaser, you could get O'Reilly to price match, then submit the O'Reilly $10 rebate thru Mobil 1 so you'd be at about $16.xx for a 5-quart jug.
That is exactly where I ordered mine. It may show as readily available, but after you place the order, you will get a note saying the order is being delayed.

Back