0W-20 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I was wondering what you thought was better between Mobil 1 0w-20 EP and Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. This would be for a 2013 Lancer SE with the 2.4L

I also have a 2014 Fiesta with the 1.6L motor and It requires 5w-20. I would be interested in comparing the same brands/models of oil. from what I can tell on paper the 5w-20 platinum looks the best. Thoughts?

I am currently running Mobil 1 EP in both cars. Both are under warranty so the Lancer gets its oil changed every 6 months or 7,500 miles and the Fiesta gets an oil change every year on 10k miles.

What specific trait are you referencing that makes you think the Platinum, in 5w-20 flavour, looks "the best" when your title is asking about a 0w-20?

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Ya either of those oil in 0w20 would work just fine, look at cost is all!

Ever used 0W-20 in your cars? Is it safe to?

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Ya either of those oil in 0w20 would work just fine, look at cost is all!

Ever used 0W-20 in your cars? Is it safe to?

Our (2) 1ZZ-FE, (1) 1ZZ-FED, and (1) 2AZ-FE motors are back specced by Toyota to 0w20/5w20 so I now use 0w20, no issues so far.

is it safe? I don't see why not, people use wrong weight left & right (quick lube joints) and those cars generally speaking are just fine, I don't see how using Toyotas back spec will harm anything.

The 2ZZ-GE has only been specced 5w30, since 0w30 will be just fine I have came up with my own blend using the 0w20/0w40 weights only because of what I had available plus mobil 1 0w40 has a lot certifications and after doing a rebuild on this motor and seeing what was inside from dino oil usage, I personally would prefer the oil with most certifications.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
If both cars are spec'd 5W-20 then I would continue with M1 OW-20 (AFE if it's cheaper) as it is primarily intended for 5W-20 apps.

+1

Mine is 1NZ-FE, I want to try Toyota's 0W-20 maybe in a blend. I do not remember seeing 0W-20 for my engine.

I have been using 0W-20 in my 1NZ-FE for well over 100,000 miles so far. As of yet no problems, the biggest thing I notice is much easier starting in cold weather. Less noise too. It does consume a bit more but not so much as to be an issue.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Mine is 1NZ-FE, I want to try Toyota's 0W-20 maybe in a blend. I do not remember seeing 0W-20 for my engine.

My honda operates very well on either Mobil1 0w20. Increased my gas mileage by about 1mpg consistently with the AFE and almost another 2mpg (on the highway) with the Mobil1 0w20 EP.

Last edited:
+1 ...M1 AFE 0W20 is my new favorite oil !
Originally Posted By: JeremyInMT
My honda operates very well on either Mobil1 0w20. Increased my gas mileage by about 1mpg consistently with the AFE and almost another 2mpg (on the highway) with the Mobil1 0w20 EP.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46

+2.....its been working great in my ol' 03' Ford Focus (2.3L)....and a Fram ULTR filter.

Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Originally Posted By: ChrisD46

+2.....its been working great in my ol' 03' Ford Focus (2.3L)....and a Fram ULTR filter.

+3. As does M1 0-20 in my Ford Fusion and Focus. Can't ask for more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back