0W 20 or 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I have question for car Honda Accord V6 oil cap said use 5w20. My question is, is it ok to use 0w20 for it. I went to napa yesterday to [censored] the oil for oil change. They don't what i need "5w20 amsoil" but they had 0w20 which is more expsive than 5w20 but guy said i can't 0w20 so i bought 5w30 instead. Is it ok for use this 0w20 or 5w30 aimsoil for my car. Thanks.

0W20 Amsoil at NAPA? Probably one of the best oils Amsoil makes. It can be used in place of a 5W20 w/o any problem at all. In fact it is very close to a thin 30wt according to their spec sheets. I'd use it. HTH

Originally Posted By: klvaleri
Hi Guys,

I have question for car Honda Accord V6 oil cap said use 5w20. My question is, is it ok to use 0w20 for it. I went to napa yesterday to [censored] the oil for oil change. They don't what i need "5w20 amsoil" but they had 0w20 which is more expsive than 5w20 but guy said i can't 0w20 so i bought 5w30 instead. Is it ok for use this 0w20 or 5w30 aimsoil for my car. Thanks.

0W-20 Amsoil be great for your application and the counter-guy is a buffoon that doesn't know what he's talking about...

Toyota recommends 0W-20, but allows the use of 5W-20. So I doubt there is much to chance by using a very high quality PAO based 0W-20...

I completely realize Amsoil makes excellent oils that offer excellent protection. But is their 0w-20 SM rated? Again, I know it offers the protection that exceeds the SM or GF-4 requirements. However, if it hasn't gone through the official approval process, then it might void your warranty with Honda to use it. Of course this assumes that your Honda is still under warranty.

That's the only reason I could think of the guy telling you not to use it.

I want to state again so that I don't get the Amsoil fans all up in arms, I know Amsoil makes excellent oils that exceed the SM/GF-4 requirements. It's just that without the actual stamp of approval, Honda might use that a reason not perform warranty work in the event that something occurred. And I realize Amsoil stands behind their product with their own warranty and will fight for you, however that's a headache I'd simply rather avoid

Originally Posted By: klvaleri
Hi Guys,

That is all messed up. He is thinking with his dipstick. So rather than sell you the correct oil viscosity for your car you walked out with the wrong viscosity. Wow.

Quote:
c-r-a-p-e the oil for oil change

That's a new one on me. I'll say.

Weird thread...
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back