'09 CR-V ATF + Rear Diff Fluid Change PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a drain and refill on my '09 CR-V today. Its at 30,133. Honda did the rear diff at 13,000, because it had to have the buffer process done, and I did a drain and fill at 15,000 for the ATF with 3 quarts of Honda Z1.

Rear Differential Fluid (in for 17,000 miles):
[img:left]
IMG_1334 by hondaguy91, on Flickr[/img]

Pump with new fluid, which is a light pink color:
IMG_1333 by hondaguy91, on Flickr[/img]

Honda ATF-Z1 drained:
IMG_1335 by hondaguy91, on Flickr[/img]

ATF is on the LEFT and Rear Differential Fluid is on the RIGHT:
IMG_1337 by hondaguy91, on Flickr[/img]

I plan on doing each of these at 15,000 mile intervals. I refilled the transmission with 1 quart of Honda Z1 and 2 quarts of Honda-DW1. It looks like I got about 3.5 quarts this time and not just 3, so I have to stop by Honda and get another quart of DW1 because its a little low. It is right in the middle of the hot and cold mark, when I came back from a quick ride around a few blocks and a short ride on the highway.

atf looks good for the interval.

that vtm fluid does wear... and the factory interval is real. IIRC our crv was 30k. if you went much past that it would sqwawk in the tight parking maneuvers. Looks good, tho.

Reminds me that the VTM in the mdx (15k interval, sheesh!) is long past due....

Mike

The rear diff sees rather light duty, but it could be that that's why fluid changes are recommended more often. Both the Dual Pump II and the VTM-4 systems use wet clutches, so I suppose a traditional thicker gear oil would not be appropriate.

I'd love to know what makes up the DPF-II and VTM-4 fluids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back