08 Jeep AF question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always bought and used good old fashioned green Anti-Freeze. The 08 3.7L Liberty calls for (HOAT?) A/F it is filled with orange anti-freeze. While at AAP I saw Prestone Dex-Cool which is what they told me to use at AAP, I see it is GM spec'd. The other choice is a Prestone universal green AF.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks Greaser, impossible to find in the local retail stores. I might have to break down and hit the dealers.

Originally Posted By: Greaser
I get my G0-5 at Wal-Mart.

I'm going to have to take another look. Did they change the color of that stuff to red? My plan is to only drain off 1 gallon and replace with a gallon of fresh G0-5 AF, since the Jeep is new. I don't want to get into flushing the stuff I'd rather drain and replace 1 gallon a year no flushing. 21 years it worked for my E-150, original radiator, heater core, and water pump. I figure it will work for the Jeep too.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I'm going to have to take another look. Did they change the color of that stuff to red? My plan is to only drain off 1 gallon and replace with a gallon of fresh G0-5 AF, since the Jeep is new. I don't want to get into flushing the stuff I'd rather drain and replace 1 gallon a year no flushing. 21 years it worked for my E-150, original radiator, heater core, and water pump. I figure it will work for the Jeep too.

Mopar-branded G-05 is red, and that's what's in your Jeep. It kinda looks orange, but compared to DexCrap its clearly redder. Zerex G-05 and Motorcraft G-05 are both gold (more like a very pale yellow, not the neon yellow like the old Prestone). They're all 3 exactly the same apart from the color though, so you can mix red Mopar G-05 with gold Zerex G-05. Zerex G-05 concentrate comes in a gold jug- you can't miss it. Pep Boys carries it, as do a number of other parts stores. NAPA is hit and miss- some stock it, some don't. My local CarQuests all have it, but most WalMarts don't seem to. Prestone's [censored] "all makes" stuff seems to have better marketing and gets most of the shelf space, but I don't hate any car enough to use it.

Last edited:

Must be nice. It requires significant research and persistence to find Zerex G05 here in Kansas. A few local parts stores carry the stuff- but it's not to be found at walmart, autozone, oreillys, or advance. The easiest option is the John Deere dealer, but it's kinda expensive there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back