08 honda CR-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
my cousin got a CR-V, 45,000 miles, with alot of short trip driving. round trip to work and back to her house is 20 miles. ive been putting semi syn motorcraft 5W20 and a P1 filter but thinking of using quaker state 0W20 and an oem honda filter for the upcoming winter and year round use. what do you think would be better? she usualy goes by the olm but ive been changing it every 5,000 miles.

I like the P1 better than most Honda filters. The only one that I could see someone thinking is better would have Toyo Roki on the side. The Honeywell/filtech are a step down, IMO.

The oil probably doesn't matter, especially in LA.

What about the differential fluid?

These engines are easy on oil, but I change mine every 5,000 miles too, just because that's easy to remember. I like doing it anyway. Your choice of oil is a-okay. I'm using Pennzoil Ultra in mine for the time being, but only because it's supposed to clean stuff out and our '08 CR-V is new-to-us.

same here, hokiefyd, i enjoy changingmy oil and also helping out my family members who dont know how to lol. alright, well she bought an oem honda filter so ill use it for her next oil change then go back to using P1.

I have a P1 on mine.

Disclosure: Purolator filters are made here in the town where I live, and I know a number of engineers who work there, so I like to support that business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back