07' CTS 3.6L Motor Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Yall!!!

I have some noticeable vibration/movement coming directly from the engine and even more when accelerating at idle.
(Like engine is loose not from inside or anything but like if it's not fully tied down)
Imagine your dog being collared from a loose leash; engine bouncing abit like that.

I'm pretty sure its the motor mounts.
Have never replaced them... 2007 cts with 155K miles, so yeah I think its beyond overdue.

Going to go with some rubber ones as I can't see myself spending $150 plus on some revshifts or uuc's.
Narrowed it down to these 2. (About $60 for both shipped so just a bit unreasonable
smile.gif

Eagle Motor Mount
https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-BHP-3621H-E...ts+motor+mounts

Anchor Motor Mount
https://www.amazon.com/Anchor-3149-Engin...ts+motor+mounts

Should I grease these with maybe like a wheel bearing grease prior to installing?

Any information, comments, thoughts, tips, or random info is always accepted!
Good'Day Mates!

My experience with aftermarket engine mounts is laced with PTSD and neighbor curtain parting profanity

... should've heard me when they broke 6 months down the road

Genuine GM or don't bother, this isn't something you want to do twice

The new GM ones are probably made in china and weigh 1/3 less than the one the car came with but they are still 1000+ (literally) times better than aftermarket.
I have seen Anchor and DEA last less than 100 miles and a week.
For older GM cars the chances of finding a NOS Made in USA is almost non existent but for an 07 you may have luck at a local dealer, the ones from Rock are OE but almost certainly new production stock.

Do you think this one would be ok to buy? Looks like a return or something. OEM for $55, even if they're Chinese now, would this still be better than Anchor/DEA?

Well [censored] guys guess I' have to fork out the cash for the oem's
cry.gif

Thanks for the heads up though, as it would be quite inconvenient for them to [censored] out on me.

Trav,
Love you, saved me bout $50 from Rockauto Lol.
blush.gif

Will post a new thread when I get them in and compare them to the old & worn out ones.

Thanks Yall!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back