07 Civic Si celebrates 100,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably should eventually trade my sport in for an SI.
I hate the fact my insurance would go up even more, but I miss performance.
Sounds wicked at high RPM too.. I'd be on that a lot.

I actually originally bought a 5spd 06 EX when the Civics first came out. The Si was not out yet, i drive the EX, fell in love with it and bought it. Later having driven the Si, i knew i just HAD to have it. I traded the EX for an Si in 07.

I know they are meant to be driven to those RPMs, but freewheeling it by revving to 9k in NEUTRAL it was never designed to do.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
I know they are meant to be driven to those RPMs, but freewheeling it by revving to 9k in NEUTRAL it was never designed to do.

I fully agree. The Factory ECU has a Neutral rev limiter @ 5,500rpm... basically just before the factory Vtec engagement point.

My Si in tuned and i have a 5,200rpm "launch rev limit" in Neutral. In order for me to bypass the limiter and take this pic, i was actually rolling a little above 5mph which allowed me to rev the engine sky high.

I'm not one of those that constantly revs the engine in neutral at redlights and stuff. I'm far more mature then that. With my somewhat loud exhaust, i wouldn't want to draw extra attention to myself anymore then i have too. I've yet to get pulled over for the exhaust.

Taking this picture was the only exception and it was 2am and i was in the middle of nowhere, pulled over on the highway while on a business trip.

Ok, now I know I'm not the only one that takes the same type of picture on mileage. That's some serious miles driven per year to get there so quickly. These engines are made for this type of punishment.

The car was used for business travel a lot over the course of the 4 year ownership. A good 30-40k a year. It's seen a lot of track days / events over the years as well (time attack circuit racing and auto-x).

Great looking car. I would love to trade my 02 EX for a 4 door SI, but my car has been paid off for 5 years and hate the idea of a car payment again.

Originally Posted By: Artem
If you actually drove it, you'd think otherwise. It runs and drives absolutely FLAWLESSLY. You;d never guess that it has 100k on it.
Of course! Its a Honda.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'm a person who does not like to see cars abused excessively.

That's part of the reason Civic Si's impresss me SO much - on one of these, this ISN'T abuse!

These may be one of the ONLY cars built today that is designed for this kind of use, day in, day out.

+1

Nice car, and 9,000RPM, jeez the engine is probably making it's own gravitational field at that speed! I mean, our Shadow will rev to that, but it's a itty bitty (relatively) 500CC V-twin.

Also, I personally agree, I don't believe in babying cars. I buy a car to drive it, and I personally don't believe in taking 3 minutes to reach 50mph. I pay for it in the end in fuel economy. Though to be honest, most of the time I drive with a moderate foot, maybe a little heavier than most. Sometimes I just get in a mood where I floor it a lot. Depends. But I LOVE that shade of blue, it just looks sharp.

Makes me sad, we can't own blue cars. We kind of have a family curse, every blue car our family (both sides) has owned in the past 35 years has been totalled, or catastrophically failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back