06 Dodge Charger oppinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about buying a 06 Charger 3.5 HO with 96,000 miles. The body is rust free which is good for Michigan and the interior is like new. The dealer told me today they turned the rotors and replaced a inner tie rod. Ball joints they said looked good. My concerns are with future ball joint and tie rod issues as they have been mentioned in several customer reviews. The motor looked spotless under the oil fill cap and the thing sounded smooth. The tires are wore and I want them to put on a new set. They also mentioned a alinement that was done. Any others have observations about this year of Charger?

having owned several dodges, when replacing front end parts go after market, they factory stuff isn't great, same goes for rotors, seemed to have these issues during the Daimler years and i know when the rotors started to suck they were bosch which was a carry over from the germans.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RedOak
Thanks for the input. I will need to find out about the timing belt. Is it expensive to replace?

your looking at $500 to $600 for a t-belt but it's only due every 100k mi, what about bumping up to a 5.7, if it is a newer 5.7's with the m.d.s. fuel mileage should be about the same, you just get a better engine with no t-belt, you get way more power and higher resale value, just something to think about.

Good point mopar monkey. I have a 4.7 in our 06 Durango and like the motor. The whole SUV has been trouble free to 60k. The 5.7 would be a trip in the Charger. Will see what is out there.

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Get the Hemmi!

The first thing everyone is going to ask, "Does it have the Hemi??"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back