05 Honda Odyssey Supertech HiMi Full Syn 5w30 6300 mi

This was somewhere around 60/40 highway/city driving. No makeup oil and Supertech 9688 filter used which 53' Stude should have in his possession for a C&P. First ever UOA on this vehicle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screenshot_73.png

Does that model use a maintenance minder to flag oil changes?

The J35 engine is stout, reliable, and makes use of a timing belt rather than chain. That is reflected here in these results. This is about as good as you can hope for results wise. I see no reason to change anything, except adding a few thousand miles to the OCI.

The J35 engine is stout, reliable, and makes use of a timing belt rather than chain. That is reflected here in these results. This is about as good as you can hope for results wise. I see no reason to change anything, except adding a few thousand miles to the OCI.
I tend to try and avoid anything over 7K on this engine with some sludging/varnish it's prone to. For a $17 total no-rebate OCI there's no need to stretch 10K out of it.

Goes for pretty much any of the J-Series mills without VCM.

This was somewhere around 60/40 highway/city driving. No makeup oil and Supertech 9688 filter used which 53' Stude should have in his possession for a C&P. First ever UOA on this vehicle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 34562

Thanks for posting! I just put the same oil in my Jeep on the last change. I switched from M1 HM. I figured I'd give it a shot. My wife said wow it only took you 40 years to use cheap oil... I said well I prefer to think of it as inexpensive or not overpriced like the old stuff... :unsure:

Really though ST seems to be a d@mn good oil for ~1/2 the cost of name brands!

Just my $0.02

This one has VCM but I have it muzzled.
How did the engine look under the valve covers during the 100k valve adjust? I am curious if this one has any excessive wear on the front camshaft.

The TBN shows the oil nearing the end of its life and this engine is quite problematic from a wear and sludge standpoint.

How did the engine look under the valve covers during the 100k valve adjust? I am curious if this one has any excessive wear on the front camshaft.

The TBN shows the oil nearing the end of its life and this engine is quite problematic from a wear and sludge standpoint.
No valve adjustment yet. It still sounds pretty good and I don't think it needs it.

Back