2015 3.5EB 35k mi; 6.1k on PP 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impatient, Pennzoil Euro L meets some very high performance specs, and I recommended it due to it's HTHS 3.5, which does give margin to be reduced some from fuel dilution.
Grant it full confidence squarely because it is proven with very very tough engine tests. German specs do not mess around.

As for it being low saps, you can do that now in America due to our new very-low-sulfur gasoline. Its now OK to use low-saps, since no risk of sulfuric acid forming in the oil. That wasn't true just a couple of years ago. Cleaner gasoline now, from EPA law.

Engine makers are opening it up to low-saps these days. Just one example is the way the latest Corvettes spec a low-saps oil. Other examples too, like my own VW 508 oil situation (Tiguan).

Originally Posted by paoester
Impatient, Pennzoil Euro L meets some very high performance specs, and I recommended it due to it's HTHS 3.5, which does give margin to be reduced some from fuel dilution.
Grant it full confidence squarely because it is proven with very very tough engine tests. German specs do not mess around.

As for it being low saps, you can do that now in America due to our new very-low-sulfur gasoline. Its now OK to use low-saps, since no risk of sulfuric acid forming in the oil. That wasn't true just a couple of years ago. Cleaner gasoline now, from EPA law.

Engine makers are opening it up to low-saps these days. Just one example is the way the latest Corvettes spec a low-saps oil. Other examples too, like my own VW 508 oil situation (Tiguan).

Agree.

You're wanting to stick with the recommended viscosity, so, go with an HTHS 3.5 5W-30 and see what happens.

Hmmm, I wonder if this ESP oil would work? ....except maybe in the 5w30, or 0w40 weight...in either of my vehicles (Subaru turbo or EcoBoost)

It's HDEO Delvac 1 ESP, not PCMO Mobil 1 ESP

https://lubricants.mobil.com/en/mobil-delvac/products/engine-oils/mobil-delvac-1/mobil-delvac-1-esp

See VOA from another thread (in the VOA forum)

Originally Posted by HDoilDude
Virgin Oil Analysis just recently completed, CK4 formula purchased a couple months ago.

Figured I'd share, an updated VOA from one I saw while lurking last year.

On paper, looks decent enough but in the flesh, it's really a nice oil. Actually smells kind of sweet, like candy, and it hushes up some of the extra klicks and klacks of my Cummins 6.7 I get while running conventional Delvac 1300.

I'll toss up some low-mileage oil change analysis in the other boards.

Such a great site, figured I'd give a little something back.

Thanks, all.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back