05 Chevy 3500 vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we diagnosing a drive line vibration or a tire wheel? For sake of reference a tire might make 60 revolutions per mile and a driveline vibration 200 cycles per mile so what would be your perception in this instance be? The only thing that comes to mind is looseness in the splines going into the carrier yoke.

It's fixed or at least 99.9% sure it is. Smooth as the roads allow now and no extreme vibration at any speed. That was waste of your guys time and my time and money. When I picked up the shaft I specifically asked if it needed be lined up with the front shaft since there was no line or marker. I was told "Shouldn't have to".. Well she was full of it. In their defense the main techs wasn't there at the time. I rotated the shaft 180 degrees last night and that's all it took. For the first time in 6 years and 40k it rides smooth.. and we have no PTO left figures. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Thanks for the update!!!

Sounds like you got very lucky being able to phase the shaft to cancel your vibration without having all 3 shafts balanced together! If you don't exceed a certain speed....run it!
You may find a vibration at a higher speed.......

Great to hear, hopefully that's the fix for sure....thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back