'05 base impala. NO turn signals.FAST blinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced hazard/flasher and still no turn signals. I found a small rear corner lamp bulb (corner marker)is bad. The green dash arrows stay lit and flash FAST when using the turn signals.
They light up when the headlights come on.
I have replaced both headlights with new ones (1 month ago due to the lenses we're very bad) and they came with bulbs (2006 for low beams). I have replaced the cluster 2 months ago. Problem started 2 days ago. Could it be in the steering stalk for the arm itself ?? I can't find any other bad bulbs. Isn't there just a small metal/cube relay or did they do away with those ? NEED turn signals ! The only clicking i hear is in the hazard switch. I don't need this chit right now...ugh. around 64 k on it.

Have you put any LED bulbs in ? … my GMC gets weird if I try to use them …

no led bulbs. Left work on night all was well, used the high beams once, got home all okay. Started car next day for work and whammo...green arrows stayed lit. I may just replace all bulbs to be sure. Like i said i can only find the one rear side marker (small bulb) is bad.
Would it matter if i used a sylvania 2006 with another brand for headlights and or does it not matter who makes them...even china made..lol.

Those LL bulbs are a good incandescent … be worth a try to change all… that box is then ticked …

Disconnect the battery and let it set overnight and check its voltage in the morning. A weak battery can cause alternator voltage over shoot and can cause weird things to happen. My weak battery caused a gas cap error every day.

Power crossing over from the tail light circuit to the turn signals usually means there is a bad ground. Test that the shell or ground pin of the bulbs stays at ground potential no matter what light switches are turned on.

Some cars intentionally cross these circuits in the front corner lights, but if all the bulbs are good it takes more current to light the turn signal bulbs than can pass through the corner lights.

Lighting up with the headlights means a filament in a bulb went bad and is shorting between turn and park, or a socket has the same thing going on.

Replace (inspect?) your "main" parking/turn lights in front, and the tail/turns in rear.

You have power going through "other" filaments very dimly, which you don't notice as the regular ones are lighting simultaneously.

PS, no trailer wiring, right?

No extra trailer wiring.
I swapped out the headlights from new to old and all is the same problem.
I did notice that the REARS operate properly with turn signal on, fronts are both blinking and dimish.
I also noticed i have NO parking lights up front, rear is fine. Seems to be a front issue. Bulbs are good, filaments intact. I took off the ground by the drivers headlight, cleaned it but of course...it didn't help.
Dumbfounding in that it seems to have started AFTER i got home that night and started the car in the day.
Noticed there is an extra wire hanging down right in the middle of the front and leads up to some sort of gray plastic switch like object ( near hood latch )but i see no way it goes to anything, looks like an extra wire for...fog lights of which i no have.

I did use the high beams that night and heard a rather loud-ish click/crack from the stalk area, maybe that sound broke something and has now shorted ?? High beam switch always seemed rather touchy from day one.

Check ground G101.....#3 in the diagram. Your front turn signal/running light bulbs are searching for a ground.....Your dash indicator bulbs are the shortest path to a ground.

Pv6TqEN.gif

update is.... it was a bad ground wire yet it looked fine until u tugged just a bit on the wires then they came out. I had cleaned it all but never saw loose wires yet a fairly light tug they came off. Right by the drivers headlight. Sealed the wires up for sure now ! Geez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back