04152-YZZA3 122xx miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy went in when Lexus dealer did the carbon fix work at 73,3xx miles on the clock. At 73,398 I dumped their bulk Mobil 5w30 and replaced it with Valvoline Full Syn with ML tech in a 10w30. That was dumped early at 78272 due to the IS hating the oil, the cams rattled almost every start up. It did the same with the previous run, and was at least 10 times more frequent than with any other oil I used. I got the BITOG itch today and changed the oil, sooner than I should have, but I made up excuses [baseline for the catch can, cheapo filter nearing 3 intended intervals yadda yadda] for myslef. The pleats were less distorted when first pulled out, I lowered the car onto the filter sitting atop the oil drain pan. The filter was plenty flexible, more than the WIX at a similar interval, but WIX is a glass blend, so that may be why. The filter had plenty of debris, can be seen in the spread shots, but the magnet on the drain plug had very little, estimating half of average.

In went PP in 10w30, again, and a FULL 1-OTT542, manufactured by the same peeps that bring you the Thi Denso, and other OEM filters. I got bored one day and my mind brought me to an idea to wrap a layer of yarn around the filter to catch the big chunks, if any come about so I can get a better look. So I did that, with pretty baby blue yarn. That filter will stay in there for a couple OCIs, 10k(ish) a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back