00 Ford Ranger - 9000mi - M1 EP 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
http://www.barsproducts.com/tech/1111_tech.pdf

Thankfully, Bar's has a new product that you just add and drive. No complicated steps like the previous product. Add it after you drain the radiator.

Looks like really good stuff. Any experience with it?

Not with this particular Bar's product, but lots of experience with the regular Bar's leaks. The stuff works. Period. And like I always say as a result of my experience, drain the radiator first before adding it because it just sits at the top of the radiator if you don't.

Still haven't had to replace the heater core in my Dad's Blazer thanks to Bar's. It's been 4 or 5 years now since that happened.

Another trick is to get a new radiator cap on the vehicle a little while after you add Bar's as the material will make the seal on the rad cap stick (and it'll sometimes stick really bad if you add the stuff to a full radiator). I found the top hose completely sucked/squashed in on my Dad's truck one day. When I removed the rad cap, it went pop and the hose instantly filled with air/coolant as the stuck cap prevented the system from drawing coolant from the reservoir after it cooled down. Instead, it just created a big vacuum in the system and collapsed the hose.

Last edited:
I just thought I would add that this is not a common problem with Ford 3.0. I have seen at lest 2 TSB's on this issue. I think it was a limited problem that pertained to a bad batch of components that got to the production line. I think one was gaskets and one was a certain casting of heads.

Any members here have access to the TSB's for his model year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back