Sweet Revenge

Guy I used to work with is a great guy, but don't cross him. ;)
Worked with him when I first moved here, in an old building, with a flat roof. We were both mechanics.
Every rain, water would leak into the shop and make the floor a mess. Must have been the low point there.

Anyway, one day between rains, he asked me to raise him up there with a loader bucket. I figured he would be checking for source of the leak.
But no...he counted steps to the owner's office. Proceeded to take an awl and make sure he took on water also, right above his desk.
The roof was repaired soon.

He owns an acreage about 6 miles out of town. Nice quiet neighborhood, surrounded by farm land. Fast forward, guy about 1/4 mile down the road from him, decided to build one of those fancy wedding and event venues. Really nice looking place. Neighbor's protested, but the county approved the permit
and it was built.

Now he invites almost anybody and their friends, to come to his acreage shooting during their events. LOL! I want it to sound like a shooting range, his exact words. I attended one of his shoots. They set off some 1LB jugs of Tannerite. Then the grand final was a 4LB jug. It had to have rattled their windows. You can hear a blast like that 10 miles away.:D

Querulant troublemakers are fun - until they move in next door.
Darn you and the big words, Vava! You wear out my Google! You must be a walking dictionary. :p

Actually, he IS a great guy, Lived there over 60 years. He did NOT want the venue built that close to his house.
Now he gets to listen to their music and party's, so he figures they can listen to gun fire and Tannerite blasts...LOL

He is not out to get the weddings, just the owner. Not much they can do about it, out of the city limits and on farm ground.
He fought against them building it in the first place, but the county approved the permit.

Darn you and the big words, Vava! You wear out my Google! You must be a walking dictionary. :p
I specialize in censored verbiage!
Actually, he IS a great guy, Lived there over 60 years. He did NOT want the venue built that close to his house.
Now he gets to listen to their music and party's, so he figures they can listen to gun fire and Tannerite blasts...LOL

He is not out to get the weddings, just the owner. Not much they can do about it, out of the city limits and on farm ground.
He fought against them building it in the first place, but the county approved the permit.
Judging the guy remotely is difficult. Need more data. Wait, I don't want more data. He's probably gonna blow himself up either way..

BTW, this wouldn't be one of those " A friend of mine" or " A guy I know" types of story?

In Michigan, the Right to Farm act allows farmers to follow standard operating procedures like spread liquid manure (Swine preferred) regardless of the new subdivision that the county changed the land use from farm to residential, adjacent and downwind.

Just sayin'...................... all in fun, of course.

In Michigan, the Right to Farm act allows farmers to follow standard operating procedures like spread liquid manure (Swine preferred) regardless of the new subdivision that the county changed the land use from farm to residential, adjacent and downwind.

My wife and I call it "pooing the fields" The dairy farms to my West do it regularly, I wish they would swing by here and drop some on my lawn, it would save me time and money

Guy I used to work with is a great guy, but don't cross him. ;)
Worked with him when I first moved here, in an old building, with a flat roof. We were both mechanics.
Every rain, water would leak into the shop and make the floor a mess. Must have been the low point there.

Anyway, one day between rains, he asked me to raise him up there with a loader bucket. I figured he would be checking for source of the leak.
But no...he counted steps to the owner's office. Proceeded to take an awl and make sure he took on water also, right above his desk.
The roof was repaired soon.

He owns an acreage about 6 miles out of town. Nice quiet neighborhood, surrounded by farm land. Fast forward, guy about 1/4 mile down the road from him, decided to build one of those fancy wedding and event venues. Really nice looking place. Neighbor's protested, but the county approved the permit
and it was built.

Now he invites almost anybody and their friends, to come to his acreage shooting during their events. LOL! I want it to sound like a shooting range, his exact words. I attended one of his shoots. They set off some 1LB jugs of Tannerite. Then the grand final was a 4LB jug. It had to have rattled their windows. You can hear a blast like that 10 miles away.:D
You and him sound like a piece of work.......

My wife and I call it "pooing the fields" The dairy farms to my West do it regularly, I wish they would swing by here and drop some on my lawn, it would save me time and money
It can be knifed in to make it less odoriferous. It's just part of blissful, Shangri-la country life!

As I approach old age (only 68 currently), I am eager to engage my well earned curmudgeon rights.

1711840527442.gif
1711840593154.gif

Last edited:

There's a couple of neighborhoods down here (that were built WAAAYYY after the farms were already there). They've changed this sign a few times over the years, but I guess the neighborhood still complains about it.

I have the same view of people that move next to an airport and then start complaining. Move somewhere else and bugger off.

1711840911212.jpg

1711840932122.jpg

I have the same view of people that move next to an airport and then start complaining. Move somewhere else and bugger off.
Or build/occupy homes along the ocean, in a flood zone, below sea level, etc..

See what you started Jdeere562, lol. This thread is heading towards the abyss !

Last edited:
Reactions: D60
Back