Does Pennzoil have a racing/high ZDDP oil?

Don't believe so. They don't have racing oils just euro oils but there's no need for a racing oil in your 65 if that's what you're posting about. If you want a stellar off the shelf oil Mobil delvac extreme 15w-40 is jam packed. 2500ppm combined zinc and phos.

Does Pennzoil have a racing oil or high ZDDP oil we can buy in the USA? Something like VR1 or Mobil 1 15W-50, Penn Grade 1, etc.
This 10w30 - might. The preferred grade for most builds and classic v8. Haven't seen a VOA. Also Many ATV and 4T motorcycle oils have higher zpd treat rates. Easy to get 40 and 50 grades with boosted EP AW, hard to find the elusive, preferred 30 grade.

These are all API S rated for gasoline spark ignition engines., so application is not limited to the pictures on the bottle, LOL.

The only SOPUS (Pennzoil, Quaker State, Rotella) auto products readily available in the US with high ZDDP are going to be in the Rotella CK4 oils. They don't officially have S rating for gas engines. The Rotella products (i.e. T6 5w30) with official S ratings are going to have lower ZDDP.

Does Pennzoil have a racing oil or high ZDDP oil we can buy in the USA? Something like VR1 or Mobil 1 15W-50, Penn Grade 1, etc.
1711732072441.jpg

I asked thIs question in the Pennzoil Q&A thread and the answer directly from Pennzoil was NO.

Also, the Pennzoil API oils tend to have the lowest amount of anti-wear additives like ZDDP of all the brands. Many VOA tests of PP 5W30 repeatedly show Zn levels around 540ppm, which is below the 600ppm API min requirement.

Except for the Euro 0W40, all other Pennzoil products are off my shopping list.

I only recently discovered that Mobil 1 had a high ZDDP 15W-50 by looking at the chart on their website. I asked about Pennzoil in case I missed it on their website. I don’t run an oil temp gauge but I have to think oil gets very hot cruising at 3500 RPM on hot summer days. Overdrive is coming but not this summer. Boutique/Driven synthetics are $$$$. VR1 synthetic more reasonable. I have a 6 pack of 10W-30 in my stash. The Mobil 1 is about the same $$ as any Mobil 1 I can buy at Walmart. I have used 10W-30 in this car for years.

Last edited:
Back