A Review of Engine Oil Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tamed down to only a handful of additives and most are something that won't be found at many places. This forum got me away from the thick oil stabilizer, marvel,stp,etc.

Which one do you recommend?
I am using a mineral oil (15w40) with an additive. I don't recommend anything. I am running an old Buick V8 from 69. When you're driving a new vehicle just use the recommended viscosity and oil. In a break-in period never use an additive. The most newer hybrid engines are junk so be careful. Just use your own common sense. I read comments it is often a one way street here when an additive is mentioned. I have my own experience as proof that it works. I am in Europe by the way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Malo83
All you need.
lol.gif

Loved it when someone did a VOA on this glop.
And TY Mola for making me smarter about oil !
If I remember correctly it was Stoopid thick oil with detergent and it wasn't a lot of detergent, like 2,200ppm.

Well, you’re going to have to explain to us what those advantages are. Right now in this thread all I’ve read that’s credible is that they are harmful.
They are not in my additive. Period. How could i have been using it for this long?

Okay. I guess it depends on the quality of the additive. Been using an additive for almost 20 years in an old V8 engine with no signs of corrosion.
So you have torn down the engine and have done ring and bearing measurements and microscopy and your results are null?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back