2020 Toyota Corolla SE Trying To Find Correct OEM Engine Air Filter Part Number & Cabin Filter

Hello. This is my first post on this forum and I was hoping someone could help me out? I purchased my first Toyota product back in 2020 and just trying to learn all the correct part numbers for my vehicle. I'm sort of confused on the engine air filter? Basically I purchased the vehicle brand new and my wife had the vehicle serviced at an authentic Toyota dealership in Florida. She was just doing the regular promotional maintenance on the vehicle when some sales rep conned her into replacing the engine air filter and cabin air filter at around 18,000 miles. I say "conned" because I believe there was no need for it. Regardless, the engine air filter and cabin filter was supposedly replaced with authentic Toyota filters. The vehicle is now around 36,000 miles and I just checked the engine air filter cabinet just to get a model number. To my surprise there wasn't any clear cut model number on the filter. I thought Denso was OEM for Toyota? Maybe someone can correct me on that? Just like how AC Delco is to GM? Here are the photos of the replaced engine air filter. Can someone tell me what brand this is? If Denso is truly OEM for Toyota... I'd like to use Denso part number for my vehicle. I own a 2008 Chevrolet Suburban and run nothing but AC Delco replacement parts/filters etc... and it runs pretty darn good being 16 years old. Trying to get the same life out of this 2020 Toyota Corolla.

Here is the info on the vehicle. 2020 Toyota Corolla SE 4 Door Sedan. 2.0L 4-cyc 16 valve. Automatic. The current oil filter I use is part number 90915-YZZF2 and it seems to be working perfectly. If that helps with finding the engine air filter and cabin filter? Of course it doesn't say Denso anywhere on the Oil Filter box? It just says "Toyota Genuine Parts."

So again... what exact engine air filter did this Toyota dealership put in this car? Can you tell? Thanks for your time.

Toyota001.jpg

Toyota002.jpg

Toyota003.jpg

Toyotapartsdeal.com is what I use often to find part numbers and even order stuff from them as my local dealer marks up alot. They are based in Florida.

IMO that looks like an Ecogard filter...

Toyotapartsdeal.com is what I use often to find part numbers and even order stuff from them as my local dealer marks up alot. They are based in Florida.
Thank you so much. This is what I needed. The issue is after I put the VIN in it still gave me 2 different numbers but same price? This is why it's confusing to me. Both filters sort of look the same... but I don't know?

17801-F0020
17801-77050

Depends on where the car is made.

From the Toyota Sticker

YR/MDL 2020/1864C
Final Assembly Point: Blue Springs, Mississippi, USA (08X8/20)

Is that a fram ?!?!

LOL Certainly doesn't look good.

IMO that looks like an Ecogard filter...

Please say it's halfway decent. lol I knew this dealer screwed me.

There are separate charts for the air filter and oil filter part numbers, as well as cabin filter, wipers, and other parts.

Here you go:

Thank you very much for your time and post. I will definitely check it out.

The moral of the story is simple. My wife went in for the Toyota complementary (free) oil change service. That's what I scheduled it for. I specifically said during the phone appointment that's all I wanted. I'm from Michigan and my wife was visiting family in Florida. I called a few dealerships in the area she was staying at and they were very nice over the phone. They said... we'll take GOOD CARE of YOU lol sure you will! They scared her into getting an engine air filter and cabin filter... total charge was $161.38. Totally unreal. Makes Toyota look extremely shady. I filed a report with the national Toyota consumer hotline and also disputed the entire transaction with my credit card company. Toyota consumer hotline didn't defend the dealership but also didn't want to take sides with me either. They said all of our Toyota dealerships are independently owned and operated. I said.. but they use your logo... your national advertisements... clearly there's a partnership between you. After further investigation the credit card company favored my side and reversed the transaction. Now, from further evidence that dealership didn't even use a Denso product? What a total nightmare. This is why I don't trust dealerships and this is why I don't care for free oil changes. I have a set protocol I use when changing the oil on all my vehicles... all of these dealerships intentionally age your vehicles.

The only reason why I tried a different auto manufacturer... after 2 consecutive horrible lease performances from GM.... I wanted to try Toyota. 1 GM vehicle had water increasing in the taillight. You literally could put a goldfish in there and it would survive. Don't ask me how in the world water was getting inside the taillight. Yes it was a lease... but it was nonsense going to the dealership going for warranty work. I also had 2 vehicles in my younger years with Ford... both vehicles had blown head gaskets... engine oil and coolant mixing together. I'm not here to bad mouth Ford... but how they became so popular blows my mind. Electric cars is an entirely new ball game. lol Don't get me started.

Thank you so much for the posts guys. I must of examined 10 different websites... and couldn't get a single accurate model number from cross referencing purposes. At least I have something to go on now. Much appreciated.

It works but I definitely wouldn't pay dealership pricing for one. It's $20 off Amazon! Why is a dealership using aftermarket parts anyway?

I've heard stories where mechanics keep OE parts for themselves (to use or resell) and install aftermarket parts, or don't even perform the service at all.

It works but I definitely wouldn't pay dealership pricing for one. It's $20 off Amazon! Why is a dealership using aftermarket parts anyway?

I've heard stories where mechanics keep OE parts for themselves (to use or resell) and install aftermarket parts, or don't even perform the service at all.
Amazon is filled with counterfiets. Order elsewhere

Thank you so much. This is what I needed. The issue is after I put the VIN in it still gave me 2 different numbers but same price? This is why it's confusing to me. Both filters sort of look the same... but I don't know?

17801-F0020
17801-77050

From the Toyota Sticker

YR/MDL 2020/1864C

The moral of the story is simple. My wife went in for the Toyota complementary (free) oil change service. That's what I scheduled it for. I specifically said during the phone appointment that's all I wanted. I'm from Michigan and my wife was visiting family in Florida. I called a few dealerships in the area she was staying at and they were very nice over the phone. They said... we'll take GOOD CARE of YOU lol sure you will! They scared her into getting an engine air filter and cabin filter... total charge was $161.38. Totally unreal. Makes Toyota look extremely shady. I filed a report with the national Toyota consumer hotline and also disputed the entire transaction with my credit card company. Toyota consumer hotline didn't defend the dealership but also didn't want to take sides with me either. They said all of our Toyota dealerships are independently owned and operated. I said.. but they use your logo... your national advertisements... clearly there's a partnership between you. After further investigation the credit card company favored my side and reversed the transaction. Now, from further evidence that dealership didn't even use a Denso product? What a total nightmare. This is why I don't trust dealerships and this is why I don't care for free oil changes. I have a set protocol I use when changing the oil on all my vehicles... all of these dealerships intentionally age your vehicles.

The only reason why I tried a different auto manufacturer... after 2 consecutive horrible lease performances from GM.... I wanted to try Toyota. 1 GM vehicle had water increasing in the taillight. You literally could put a goldfish in there and it would survive. Don't ask me how in the world water was getting inside the taillight. Yes it was a lease... but it was nonsense going to the dealership going for warranty work. I also had 2 vehicles in my younger years with Ford... both vehicles had blown head gaskets... engine oil and coolant mixing together. I'm not here to bad mouth Ford... but how they became so popular blows my mind. Electric cars is an entirely new ball game. lol Don't get me started.

Thank you so much for the posts guys. I must of examined 10 different websites... and couldn't get a single accurate model number from cross referencing purposes. At least I have something to go on now. Much appreciated.
ok my opinion is yes the dealer is shady.. and no I don't think the air filter is that bad, is it Toyota made by Denso? No, you can google images of Toyota's genuine filters, they always say Denso on them. But with that said, I do believe it's an Eco Guard air filter you have and they're not bad at all. I don't think you had any engine damage with that filter. I agree with @Kantaro, exactly the same printing, color, etc as EcoGuard

Looking up the genuine Toyota parts list that @drtyler posted (awesome by the way).. your engine code (for the 2.0L in a 2020 corolla) is M20AFKS and in the chart it shows the 17801-F0020 being the ONLY filter that fits your engine. I wouldn't go with the MVP (value product) that Toyota has, that's a different part number. I just never liked anything named "Value".. always means cheap. That's good Toyota wants a lower price point but I'll take the original part instead.

I always buy all my filters from a Toyota dealer.May not be as cheap as amazon and others,byt atleast you know they are the real deal and correct

17801-F0020
17801-77050

From the Toyota Sticker

YR/MDL 2020/1864C

Wow $161.38
Our Toyota dealer does a 23 point check and will swap out the air filter for free if u supply the filter.

I just got work done at the dealer for $189
I supplied the 2gal Aisin pink coolant, wix engine air filter, 2qts Bosch dot 5.1 brake fluid.
Bosch brake fluid (buy it at Rockauto for $12 per can)
The wife said it now requires pedal pressure to brake. Not surprising since the viscosity is 900 cst vs 1900 cst dot3/dot4

The dealer performed the following:
Waived PA emissions <5k mi and 1 yr anniversary date, complimentary PA state inspection, coolant flush + cleaner, brake fluid flush.

Back