Synthetic to Dino: Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after having my 2005 Legacy GT oil changed about a month ago with PP 5W30, I bring the car to the dealer for other work and, without being asked (or told)
pat2.gif
, they change the oil to dino Mobil 5W30. I'm thinking I'll just leave it in for 3000 miles and then change it back to PP, but will that cause any problems? The engine has been run on synthetic since 3K miles, and now has 25K trouble-free miles on it.

Thanks for any thoughts.

If it were me, I would ask them to change it back immediately to the same fluid and filter that I had in it- at THEIR expense. Did they charge you for this, or was it friendly gesture/favor type thing? I have had this happen to customers/friends after just changing their oil with a quality synthetic, and a dealer or other repair shop drained out the good stuff and put in regular old whatever bulk flavor-of-the-month stuff. And then we found out it was changed when it came in next time with blackened goo dino in the sump and about 2-3 quarts low on the stick and a $1 oil filter with 10k+ miles on all of it. Ouch!

Agree w/bmwtechguy....
Even if the money is not an issue to you, it's the principal of the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back