What new car would you get for $20k ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what NEW car would you choose to buy given you only had 20k, well maybe + or - $2000 for wiggle room, and why? What would be the best value for the money in hidsight of your driving priorities, whatever they are?

The Chevy Impala seems to a lot for the money. I also like the Malibu. GM now has a 100k mile drivetrain warranty. Both cars have a high domestic parts content.

mazda6i for $18,125 OTD with the sport package. Why? because I did and I absolutely love it.

2.7L KIA Optima. Car & Driver raved about its solid body, build quality, and quiet ride. 5 yr./60K mile basic and 10 Yr./100K mile powertrain warranties Fortunately, it has NO domestic parts content.

honda civic DX - just about every dealer in MD/DC/VA has them in the paper new for

Last edited:
I like the Malibu, but with my GM discount, a supercharged Cobalt SS would slide in just a hair under 20k, before sales tax. That would be the one for me.

The mazda 6it is the best looking of all; should be a good handling car from the reviews; 2nd would be the Sonata v6 if it can be gotten for under 20k, wihich I think looks good; others look the same pretty much, and sorta bland.

I forgot: can the Outback SEDAN or the Legacy sedan be had for that price?
those are great cars; A friend of mine has a Limted 6-cyl Outback SEDAN (2006, I think) , and he loves it, and says it's a 1000x better than the Passat he had earlier.

The new 2007 4cyl Altima gets my vote. With the CVT trans=34mpg/hwy, 6spd stick=35mpg/hwy, 20.0 gal fuel tank(!), decent cabin space, all the standard stuff one would want (power windows/doors/A-C, etc), aux input for stereo is standard (great for iPods and such).

Ford Fusion
I4.auto Very good fuel milage, Great safety, low insurance cost.
Very high degree of customer satifaction. Build quality is exellent.
Nice ride/ Nice handling. A lot of room inside and in the trunk.

Do you have kids and need a 4 door ??

I got my wife a new Civic EX and its a great car for the money. If we didn't get a Honda, then it would have been a Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back