Shooting/riots over PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee helll is wrong with people! You guys seen these news stories of morons fighting each other over a $600 piece of electronic equipment? $9000 bids on Ebay for them? Human beings will NEVER cease to amaze me.

If my child asked for a $600 video game system for Christmas, I'd shove my foot up his rear and make him read a book.

That's not what happened here in regard to "shooting". People were lined up from midnight or earlier to get the PS3 from a (IIRC) WallMart. Some enterprising thieves figured that some would be paying in cash and decided to hold up the line of people there. One guy refused ...they shot him.

Same smacks laugh at other cultures.........you want messed up? Come and get it. My kids have a game cube, play a little bit every so often. Look what it did to those people!

I sold my place in line for $2500. I got in line at 5am since it was my day off and I knew people would pull this. I was right !!!

One of the stories I read was about this Dr. who hired like 60 temp workers to stand in lines at various outlets so he could buy 15 of the PS3's. The temps ran their mouths and then the other customers started complaining so he pulled the plug.

I mean really. I'll give you AT LEAST 1 other way to throw away your money...my son's college fund. You can make your check payable to...

Recall the "Tickle me Elmo" craze with all those savages acting like the barbaric savages they are while trying to get their paws on the toy?

I bought one. A couple months ago. At the thrift store for $1.99, was in perfect condition, and the batteries are still good.

I poke the critter in the gut now and then to hear the guy giggle. Yah' know, Elmo is smarter than many of the brain-dead idiots clamoring for the latest craze.

What's really scary is....... all those buffoons are there to cancel your vote.

Parents need to stop this garbage this instant. Children should not be playing video games in the first place, let alone on expensive systems such as XBox or PlayStation.

The amount of money they want for these systems is enough to get a decent computer that could be used as a learning tool, but that's not my point. Kids get too much computer time anyway, and that time is spent on what in my opinion is stupidity such as MySpace.com and mindless kiddie stuff. As with video games, often parents exercise little or no control over computer use either. And don't get me started on the third member of the evil triad: TV.

Instead, my point is that parents ought to be encouraging their kids to do hands-on hobbies: crafts, model kits, electric trains, etc. Outdoor activity should go along with that. Top all that off with tinkering with things around the house and vehicles, with adult supervision, to learn how they function and how to work on them. This applies to boys and girls alike. These activities in turn should be after the kiddies do their schoolwork and show proficiency at it.

An incredible number of hobby shops have closed their doors over the last 10-15 years because kids all play video games all the time instead. It's not healthy. And this doesn't account for the obesity-inactivity link.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if sales and use of video game systems were restricted to age 18 up. Many years ago, some states and localities had such age restrictions on pinball games (remember those?), and pinball was never really a problem in the first place. I doubt anybody got shot over it. Unfortunately, times have changed—and as this news shows, definitely not for the better.

The buyer's eBay rating is 0! $20K, sounds artificially inflated to me...

The link I posted above, the buyer's eBay rating is -1 !!!

Would you want to sell something on eBay to someone with no eBay history?

crazy.gif
crazy.gif

I agree, as a kid I would go fishing or build model rockets and mow lawns to buy motors to launch them. I also got to tinker with rebuilding engines with my grandfather. . Admittadly I did have an Atari 1600 but it was soon tossed to the side for BMX racing or some other "real" life fun.
What's worse, I have an adult neighbor I never see outside or taking up substantial outdoor hobbies, he has a teenage doughter. One day he ask me to help him move some furniture and in his house he shows off his X-box or whatnot hooked up in his living room with a plasma screen tv for the monitor.

The issue is lazy parents. Instead of guiding their offspring to creative or real life endeavors it is bothe "safer" and easier" to plop them on a video game, a TV show or a computer, all of which will turn the kids into little lard asses who can't do simple real world tasks such as mowing the lawn, writing and sending a real letter etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back