Oilf for VW TDI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an fuel-"Additive" is the best to mix a good 2Stroke-Motorcycle-Oil to the Diesel in relation 1 to 200. It keeps the injektors and the dieselpump in good condition and a long life. An additional effect is that it keeps the valves clean.

Moribundman,
Its Elf Solaris LLX several venders sell it. I got mine from turbofrogperformance.com

Matt,
Those "additives" you recommend are not required and may actually cause harm to the Pumpe Duse unit injctors in the TDI.

If you are concerned about lubricity of your fuel, then as little as 1% biodiesel increases the lubricity of the fuel significantly.

i dont know much about the tdi engine but i will say that my dad is using MMO in his cummins 600 and it likes it, fuel economy has increased a solid 1 mpg. so at a cost of $2/qt it is worth it to dump a little MMO in the tank every fillup. the added lubrication doesnt hurt either. whether the same effects will occur in a tdi i dont know.

In evry fuel sulphurous.During the last years in Europe they reduced the sulphur to nearly zero because of the catalyt converters. Unfortunately the natral lube effect in the diesel has reduced as an effect. I dunnu the exacr value of the sulphur over there in the U.S. but i guess its higher( bec. some manfacturers had probs in their engines which have a"Nikasil"-Surface inside their blocks) .
But back to the topic - I just can say that here the diesel-injection-pumps die like flies in the wall ,especially on long autobahn rides with high rpm`s.
Unfortunately they die mostly if u r right out of warranty and that isnt fun if u have to pay the 2500 Euros for such thing by urself(i know not only one example where Bosch-pumps died on around 60000 km).
I just can speak for Europe and here ppl have noticed positive effects with a tip of a good(needs to burn with nearly no ash) 2 stroke motorcycle oil.

just my 2 cents

VW has signed off on B95. I own a PD TDI and the oil must meet VW 505.01 specs. Amsoil currently is the only non European offering at this point with their European 5W40 car formula. The PD engine is post 04 to current. If thats what you have make sure your oil label is clearly marked with that nomenclature.

ww: Not sure what retail outlet sells it. Any Shell, Pennzoil, or Quaker State distributor either stocks it or can order it. It's been out for almost 2 years now. Right before I retired I had switched 4 VW dealers to it. Seems to be a very good product. At this time the Shell and Pennzoil brands do not carry a 505.01 oil, just the Quaker State. It is avaliable in either a 6/1 quart case or a 55 gallon drum. It is a synthetic blend.

Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

Try Schaeffers 5w-40 Synt. will work fine in your app...also Schaeffers makes a really great fuel add called 139 soyshield,,in combination your VW will run good and last.,,,,,,,,,BL

The 2000 diesel fuel add likes extreme cold a bit better over 139 soy ,,,but the 139 work a bit better on the road apps,,as though the 2000 will be fine also,but is flavored better for larger diesels,and stationary apps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BL

Brian
I have a diesel too and want to get the right additive for the fuel. Clean, lube, and cetane elevation.
I was considering the soyshield you mentioned. How does it compare to Diesel Treat 2000 from the same manufacturer?

The home page of the Amsoil Web site currently has a headline and relatively new story link stating that Amsoil's European Formula 5W40 synthetic has been reformulated to meet the VW 505.1 standard. That would seem a good choice for a Golf TDI. (I also have been using it in my VW 1.8 liter gas turbo with excellent results -- the same oil meets VW's 502.0 gasoline engine standard).

quote:

Originally posted by OdinsRage:
I just bought an 04 golf TDI.. the dealer just did a LOF, and used castrol syntec 5w-40

I have a feeling thats not the right oil for the diesel? Would mobil 1 0w40 work? Because i can get the 0-40 for free....

What is best in the gearbox also? And any fuel additive suggestions?

Use Amsoil european Car Formual 5W-40. It meets VW 505.01 spec which is what is required by VW.

Sheesh...wy buy the car if the oil is nearly impossible to get. What is so special about the 505.01 rating that M1 would not work. I know a newbie question.

quote:

Originally posted by Oldwolf:
Sheesh...wy buy the car if the oil is nearly impossible to get. What is so special about the 505.01 rating that M1 would not work. I know a newbie question.

45-50 MPG, that's why you buy the car. The oil isn't that tough to get, you just need to plan ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back