Eagle One " Wax - As - You - Dry"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I have been using this stuff for about a year now and it's really nice. It's effortless to use, just like the instructions say, after your final rinse spray it on, then dry as normal. If you get any on the glass or trim it won't effect it at all. After a few washes this way you'll really see the difference. Good product overall. Bill T.

I use it for my truck bed and it seems to work well and easy. It will not last as long as a real hand wax/polish job but for a quick shine it is a great product.

I use this stuff after each car wash and have abandoned using paste wax.

All my cars have clear coat.

Two of my cars have a lot of black PLASTIC for the bumpers and around the wheels, etc. If I paste wax these cars, I have to MASK OFF the black areas first.

With wax-as-you-dry, there is no need to mask. In fact, I've been using the product right over top of the plastic and it looks wonderful, no buildup whatsoever.

I like using this product during winter washes. I don't know how much protection it gives compared to regular liquid or paste waxes, but it seems to work very well. I like spraying it inside the bottom of the door sills and kick panels as those areas seem to be the ones that rust first up here in the salt belt. During the other two seasons (summer and road construction) I still use regular paste/ liquid wax.

I use it dry as well as wet. As long as the paint doesn't have a lot of "crud" on it (hasn't rained for a while).

Remember I live in sunny So Cal!

I first dust it with my car duster, than spray alot of the product on my paint, than I use one cloth to wipe down the panel (like washing a window) and a 2nd cloth to do the final wipe.

My truck looks like it belongs in a show (actually, it has been
grin.gif
) I am ALWAYS getting remarks on just how deep my paint looks, now you know the secret
wink.gif

Darryl

I like the wax as you dry product. It's like the detail spray stuff from various companies, although a bit better, as it adds, imo, a bit more shine than detail spray, and a wax-like protection/water beading. You can use wax as you dry w/o wetting the car, as it says on the bottle, but I find it much eaier to work with it when the car is wet.

If you use it in between actual waxings, it helps keep the carnuba or whatever you have on the car there.

I would like to say that I don't think that this wax as you dry stuff should be a permanent replacement for waxing. I'd still do a real waxing or use Klasse AIO/similar product every once in a while.

Just tried it and it's TERRIFIC. I don't have the desire to hand wax and if I do, I don't keep up with it, so this is very good for those like me.
TIP - rather than wiping off. Using my shop vac on blow, after spraying, I blew the liquid wax to spread it evenly across the surface.
RESULT - didn't have to wipe down with a soft rag.

For me this is great stuff

I wouldnt use it on a waxed surface it has petroleum in it, which I have read "strips off wax and will also dull trim over time."

I have been using it ever since it came out. I use it once a week on my truck (wet/dry).

I don't know where you heard it will strip wax, but nothing could be further from the truth.

As I said, I have a boat load of experience with wax-as-u-dry and it is by far the best product I have used.

Darryl

I like the stuff. Similar to Meguiar's Quick Detailer.

I wouldn't use any of these products on a car without water, though. Any grit on the car at all, including dust, will leave scratches.

M

Most of the time I use it dry and it acts like any other wax out there, only alot easier.

Right on the back of the bottle it says: "works great on wet or dry surfaces".

My wifes '03 Accord is the "Graphite Pearl" (dark & unforgiving) and I use it dry all the time (after a quick California Car Dustering!)

Her car looks almost as awesome as my truck!!!
grin.gif

Darryl

i just waxed my car with one coat scratch x one coat megs cleaner wax and one coat turtle ult gloss, so anyway its about 5 days later and its kinda dusty and a little dirty, so i wet a towel and wipe it all over the hott car in the sun. I then take the towel, still pretty clean, (the car was actually pretty clean) and sprayed wax (WAX AS YOU DRY) all over the damp towl, and wiped the whole car with that, it looks great now. did that strip my wax??? it looks good, and it seems ok, anything wrong with what i did?

Wax-As-U-Dry will not strip wax......It IS wax
wink.gif

I use it dry at least twice per week and my finish gets compliment after compliment.

Darryl
cheers.gif

Well I tried this product today and it really works. I'm from the old school of washing, drying, and then waxing and buffing. After all these years (30+) of detailing and waxing my cars and bikes it is starting to get a little old. I'm really picky about how my toys look. But this wax as you dry stuff is great for that just waxed look. It feels slick and hard when you are done and the rain really beads up. It probably does not have the durability of a regular wax, but since I wash my cars once a week and use this stuff every time it will probably be OK.

David

Agreed with Big Dave. I've been a detail nut for 25 years, and never thought any of those "spray on" things would ever be any good. This stuff is really good. Very slick, easy to use and, for those who wash every week or two, plenty of protection.

I like Wax-as-U-Dry a lot. It is easy to spray on after a wash and I remove it with a Absorber chamois, so it really doesn't slow me down at all. Certainly does restore the just waxed look with very minimal effort.

I just used this yesterday, WOW, how technology has increased. This stuff makes the towel glide over the car just like a paste wax. This is it for me from now own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back