Name a good alternative to Kendal GT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
What oil can I find at Walmart that matches/comes close the Ti of Kendall?

I buy my Kendall at kendallmotoroils.com . Price is excellent and free shipping. Can't beat that! At times i get a great deal on the Phillips 66 Shield Valor on amazon. Phillips 66 owns Kendall and they are the same.

My local Walmart now has Castrol Magnatec at the same price as Pennzoil Platinum. I think they caught onto the extra sales or someone from their corporate offices is on here.
grin.gif

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
What oil can I find at Walmart that matches/comes close the Ti of Kendall?

I've read some Valvoline products contain Ti.

I've had excellent service from the folks at Phillips 66 by going to their Lubricants website and sending them an email. They sent me a link where I type in my nearest city, and it comes back with Distributors in that area.

The prices my Local Phillips 66 Distributor gives me on Guardol ECT 15W40 is most of the time better than WM's price on Delvac Super 1300 15W40. There's a Kendall Distributor in my area who's prices are better than WM's prices for 5 quart jugs of PP or M1 when I buy Kendall GT-1 Max by the 12- 1 quart case.

Originally Posted by Dak27
I've had excellent service from the folks at Phillips 66 by going to their Lubricants website and sending them an email. They sent me a link where I type in my nearest city, and it comes back with Distributors in that area.

The prices my Local Phillips 66 Distributor gives me on Guardol ECT 15W40 is most of the time better than WM's price on Delvac Super 1300 15W40. There's a Kendall Distributor in my area who's prices are better than WM's prices for 5 quart jugs of PP or M1 when I buy Kendall GT-1 Max by the 12- 1 quart case.

Most members here will still not contact a distributor.

Indeed. Nothing like placing your order and receiving indivdual quarts of syn for the price if jugs or getting a box for 70% retail price with no rebates to fool with and receive a check with the French spelling of your last name.

Exactly, and when I tell them what I want, they know exactly what I'm talking about. There's no confusion about the product, or how they've never heard of it, or never bothered to check the shelf. I also don't have to worry about whether someone returned used oil and someone lazily returned it to the shelf without checking.

Kendall gt-1 in a semi synthetic has the exact same additive package as Motorcraft... I'd be willing to bet they are in fact the exact same oil. Just different container.

Kendall gt-1 full synthetic is different for sure.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Kendall gt-1 in a semi synthetic has the exact same additive package as Motorcraft... I'd be willing to bet they are in fact the exact same oil. Just different container.

Some on other sites have claimed that the GT-1 FS is the same exact stuff that was in the Motorcraft FS bottles as well (when that was still readily available anywhere).
21.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero

Motorcraft has Ti now?

I've been buying and using Kendall products since I started driving...lots of years ago, because my dad used it and there was plenty of free oil in the garage....hahaha

Anyway, I use Kendall GT-1 MAX full synthetic in my Ram 5.7 Hemi with no issues and its quiet. My last Hemi went over 140,000 miles and no issues. Sold it for a quad cab.

I buy it from PSC by the case....two cases cost about $5 PER QUART with shipping. For 24 quarts (12 quart cases),

My OCI are 4,000 miles and 7 quarts at a time for the Hemi + the filter. For the price I can change the oil more often and keep those crummy cylinder shut down lifters really clean....ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back