Grocery shopping: where do you shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My preferred grocery is Smith's, which is a Western chain that was sold to Kroger some time ago. But we do a lot of shopping at a local Western Family associated store because of convenience. If we are already in Walmart getting other things, we will pick up canned and dry goods, but rarely get produce there, and never pick up meats at Walmart.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Thats some good info StevieC
smile.gif

cheers3.gif

Superstore a lot up here, sometimes Sobeys. My hours require something open late. A few years ago, the one Sobeys was 24H, which was so convenient, but that has, unfortunately, changed.

I shuffle around between my various local salumerias/pork stores, and our chain Stop & Shop or Shop Rite

Then there's Costco, an upcoming BJs

We have a LiDi on the way

Not hurting for choice

Kroger has been the go to, but they have become incapable of keeping things in stock and you have to watch expirations carefully... when you point out that half of an item they have stocked is six month past the expiration date, they act like they are offended. On top of that they now have guards and too many cameras, so it seems the company has trust issues and I find people/companies who don't trust usually aren't trust worthy, so Publix.

Whole Foods, Lucky's Market and Walmart.

My wife gets some things at Walmart since she is there to get toilet paper, soap and whatnot anyhow.

Kroger is invested in Lucky's Market. I once got an RX from a Kroger Pharmacy and the bag must have had 20 grocery chain logos they own around the USA printed on the bag.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Kroger has been the go to, but they have become incapable of keeping things in stock and you have to watch expirations carefully... when you point out that half of an item they have stocked is six month past the expiration date, they act like they are offended. On top of that they now have guards and too many cameras, so it seems the company has trust issues and I find people/companies who don't trust usually aren't trust worthy, so Publix.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that some stores are running on extremely old inventory systems. They are working on getting everyone on the same system but it is quite the immense challenge. (Can't say more than this but there are multiple complicating factors) It's funny that you brought that up because I was just discussing this with my friend this past week while we were there visiting. They are working hard to fix this problem but progress has been slower than they had hoped. Hopefully it will all get ironed out soon.

Last edited:
HEB for most … some packaged items at Walmart … like they carry a local sausage for the same price and about 4 miles closer than the source

Last edited:
HEB almost exclusively where I currently live as they've put all the other true typical neighborhood grocery stores out of business here. Sam's Club probably once a month or so. Walmart rarely, typically when I'm there to buy something else (like Automotive stuff). Whole Foods or Fresh Market extremely rarely, for hard to find items like GOOD shredded refrigerated horseradish (not that Kraft stuff). Trader Joe's I went in once and looked around, left without purchasing anything.

Specialty meats I go to Restaurant Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back