Installing Delo 400 SD 15w30 today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have checked with your PowerPlants Sup, he probably had some Mil-L-23699 sitting around, better gas mileage.
cheers3.gif

I wish we got some quality heavy duty 10w30 and 15w30 oils more readily available in the UK.

If I go to our local supermarketnill be able to pick up PCMO's in 5w30 and 0w30 and that's about it.

The only 15w30s available are made by little UK blenders with no approvals and advertised as 'Super Universal Tractor Oil'. Apparently they meet API CE/SF and GL4.

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
I wish we got some quality heavy duty 10w30 and 15w30 oils more readily available in the UK.

If I go to our local supermarketnill be able to pick up PCMO's in 5w30 and 0w30 and that's about it.

The only 15w30s available are made by little UK blenders with no approvals and advertised as 'Super Universal Tractor Oil'. Apparently they meet API CE/SF and GL4.

The last time I was in the U.K., Elgin Scotland to be exact I was amazed by the selection at Tesco but appalled by the prices of oil. We're certainly fortunate on this side of the pond when it comes to oil available and the price.

I think what you have to remember in the UK is 12k/1 year oil changes have been standard on nearly every car since 1990. Now most cars run 20k/2 year intervals and theres plenty of careless owners that push it even futher. Therefore nearly all our on-the-shelf PCMO's are quality, branded synthetics.

Missed out on Castrol Edge 5w40 Dexos2 at £22 for 4 litres this weekend. Great buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back