local dealers adv 25% off CUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time to replace the wife's lease; all of the local dealers from (at least) one brand advertise a discount that happens to be exactly 25% off MSRP. of course no real purchaser qualifies for that discount and price. the details of the discount and incentives is not listed on their website. the same dealers will not honor the TrueCar pricing either. same game: you don't qualify for that mystery price.

Originally Posted by tomcat27
It's time to replace the wife's lease; all of the local dealers from (at least) one brand advertise a discount that happens to be exactly 25% off MSRP. of course no real purchaser qualifies for that discount and price. the details of the discount and incentives is not listed on their website. the same dealers will not honor the TrueCar pricing either. same game: you don't qualify for that mystery price.

Which dealer? I've would stay away from Bob Rohrman, as they have been the shadiest dealer in the Chicago area I've dealt with. Had success with Golf Mill Ford and Hopkins Ford. I'm part of a Ford family so I buy mostly Fords.

Go for more! We bought our 03 Tracker at something like 33% off MSRP. That will be a cash price for sure, but if you arrange your own financing or pay cash that's fine.
Anyways its worth emailing to find out the details. Sometimes the manufacturers rebates and selling at dealer invoice gets down to 25% off. Happening right now with 2018 pickups.

The end of the year is a good time to buy a car. They are trying to get rid of leftover 2018 models now that the 2019 models are coming out.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
25% off MSRP probably still allows them a 25% profit.

25% profit on a new vehicle sale?
LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back