Uh yeah, Pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How funny. My brother just moved to Yonkers (which is immediately north of-not in-NYC in Westchester County).

On the DOWN SIDE...I can't condone cutting off the edges and just throwing them away as shown in the video.

Wasting food is BAD, IMMORAL and laughing while it's being done is pretty near EVIL.

Let me hear your arguments for wasting food.

Id like the slice better with more crust personally, but yes I hate to see the waste that goes on. I saw a video where they raided a dumpster behind a food store, and got something like 55 loaves of bread. We need to donate this "waste" to homeless shelters and facilities that will use it!

Originally Posted By: Audios
Id like the slice better with more crust personally, but yes I hate to see the waste that goes on. I saw a video where they raided a dumpster behind a food store, and got something like 55 loaves of bread. We need to donate this "waste" to homeless shelters and facilities that will use it!

I like the brand Brothers pizza, I'm not sure if anyone north of the MS will recognize this brand but it is a big slice of thin crust cheeseonly. Now I wouldn't mind a size of that length up top, in one of these. For some reason, anyone notice this, that chain pizza brands like Domi-oh-no and pizza fuk has their cheese and sauce all wrong. How the heck these guys can't get this right is beyond me, it's like they have never eaten great pizza pie before, mah mah miya and uhe yah yah all rolled in one, no pun intended.

"Let me hear your arguments for wasting food."

When I was a child, my parents pleaded with me to "eat that last pork chop...that last ear of corn...that last helping of mashed potatoes" rather than let ANYTHING go to waste. How I wish that I had refused! It began a lifetime of overeating and bad eating habits I will never be able to undo. I'd like to lose 50 lbs if I could but now that I'm old it will be difficult if not impossible to make it happen. I will almost certainly kick off this mortal coil much sooner than I otherwise would because of this.

Not much for pizza, I can take it or leave it.

I have a friend who will eat just about anything...moldy bread,he scrapes off the blue fuzzy stuff and eats the rest. Apple, eats the whole core, chicken wing chews up the bones, sucks the marrow and doesn't leave any meat. Goofy guy likes raw bacon and ground beef...grosses me out.

We try not to waste food at home...my wife will eat cold cuts that have been in there MUCH longer than I'm comfortable with. 3 days is my limit for cheap sliced lunch meat, Boar's Head seems to stay fresh a couple of days longer.

There used to be a little place in Penn Station called Caruso's. Sign always touted Largest Slice In Penn Station.
Didn't taste good but it was big.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
There used to be a little place in Penn Station called Caruso's. Sign always touted Largest Slice In Penn Station.
Didn't taste good but it was big.

Path Train reporting, next stop, PENN StaTION! to get that giant slice of not tasty pizza. I would heat it up some to improve the flavor.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
"Let me hear your arguments for wasting food."

When I was a child, my parents pleaded with me to "eat that last pork chop...that last ear of corn...that last helping of mashed potatoes" rather than let ANYTHING go to waste. How I wish that I had refused! It began a lifetime of overeating and bad eating habits I will never be able to undo. I'd like to lose 50 lbs if I could but now that I'm old it will be difficult if not impossible to make it happen. I will almost certainly kick off this mortal coil much sooner than I otherwise would because of this.

Im the same way, I was always told to clean my plate. I was also in the mentality of not letting that animals death go to waste, eat all of the meat, but in hindsight, if you're full and you continue to eat, your body is just going to waste it in the bathroom, so you might as well save it and make that into another meal. Don't pack yourself. Im in the "I could lose 40 lbs" club too from my lifelong habits.

Its really hard to beat Pizza Hut Hand tossed. One of the best Pizza's I have had is Faccia Luna Pizzeria at State College Pa. They do it on a brick hearth with wood. Pizza Hut is every bit as good..lol.

Best Pizza I have had is in Naples Italy. Fresh sausage on it made in a wood fired oven at some really high temperature. I literally couldn't stop ordering the medium sized pizzas and eating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back