Makeshift fuel hose bracket (Temporary fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions welcome. Happy late Thanksgiving folks.

The fuel hoses on her S60 are hanging down. Somewhat of an interesting design I know, but apparently there's supposed to be a tray that snaps into those threaded studs and secures the hoses. I can't get the part right away, but dangling fuel hoses are no good either. (I doubt the dealer will be open today, but I'll call.)

As a temp fix, I am thing about zip ties. Tightly zip tie a zip tie to the studs then just snug up the hoses. I am also thinking about some sort of PEX bracket if those don't work. A plastic wire raceway would be awesome, but those studs aren't much longer than the larger hose is wide. Those studs are for plastic clips, but apparently they are very close to 1/4-22 thread if that helps. Thanks everyone.

Not my photo obviously, but this is what I have to work with.

They make zip ties with 1/4" holes in them. Seems they would be perfect if you could find a nut that threads to those studs. Alternatively you could get "any bendable metal" and drill a hole or two in it. One or two studs should do you.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Do you pressure wash the undercarriage? Sure is clean

Not my photo, but her's is about this clean. These things really don't rust.

I tried some clamps, but sure enough those threaded studs were too rusty. I ended up going with the zip tie trick.

Depends on the threat level, but brackets, cordage and zip ties can catch on things.

If you might, say, be driving where vegetation can brush on the underside of the vehicle, I'd say a long strip of wide gaffer/duct tape would be more secure.

No edges, quite strong, and continuous protection.

Unavoidable road debris was another one of my concerns. It'll hold for now, but it's not an ideal fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back