Ford Antifreeze Change Interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use the Prestone flush kit anymore? It did get all of the old coolant flushed out of the system. I used to install it on my trucks and did a flush and change every 4-5 years.
Now that I'm getting older and less inclined to crawl under my vehicles, I'm happy to see the highly extended change intervals on the new motor vehicles.

In my explorer I change coolant every 10 years with the green coolant or every 200,000KM. I'm due again in 2 years. Have the coolant already purchased

Last edited:
My son is bringing his 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid home for Thanksgiving. It is approaching 100K miles and I am gonna do some mx on it for him, with him assisting. Among other things, I am gonna change his ICE/gasoline engine coolant and MECS (electric motor) coolant for him. It should be initially changed at the six year or 100K interval. Of course, all the mx was current when I transferred it to him three years ago, but he has maintained oil changes, hybrid battery/air filter changes, tire rotations, etc.

The ICE coolant exchange should be easy, but the MECS coolant change is a little more involved (no drain petcock). He is gonna owe me a beer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back