Tri Nuclear Moly Additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any oil additives that specifically contain Tri Nuclear Moly?
[Pretty sure the answer is no]

And how would MoS2 (as in Liqui moly product) behave in a base oil that contains Tri Nuclear Moly?

Some posters claim Lubeguard Bio-Tech is, I cant verify the claim the best thing to do call them and ask.

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-306/LUBEGARD+BIO-TECH+Engine+Oil+Protectant

'Tri-nuclear', because trimer doesn't sound radioactively superpowered. Never had a problem with the di-nuclear stuff tbh

Originally Posted By: tig1
M1 oil has Tri Nuc.

Not in the quantities that you would gain anything using it as an additive, like some people use Redline.

Schaaeffers, I believe has an additive with MoDTC...not necesarily tri.

As to part 2, when these additives get into the contact areas, they break down and form MoS2, which gets embedded in the phosphate glass left (primarily) by the ZDDP.

I think he wants to know what happens when you have a MoS2 additive and a MoDTC additive together.

I believe nothing untowards happens, if there's metal-to-metal contact the MoDTc will just form more MoS2.

Just to answer a few of your questions.

Yes, I understand that a lot of oils now seem to utilize the Tri version.
M1 included, though there are more prevalent ones.

Why am I interested?
1. I am interested in optimizing my oil/minimize wear. Hondas, etc seem to perform [slightly] better with oils that contain higher moly. So rationale that slightly higher moly via additive would further improve. Probably overkill and not necessary, but why not explore the notion?
2. Simple curiosity, and to try to learn more. Seems like this hasn't been discussed on here and might be interesting to others.

Interesting will look into Lubegard and Schaaeffers.

Originally Posted By: Davejam
Just to answer a few of your questions.

Yes, I understand that a lot of oils now seem to utilize the Tri version.
M1 included, though there are more prevalent ones.

Why am I interested?
1. I am interested in optimizing my oil/minimize wear. Hondas, etc seem to perform [slightly] better with oils that contain higher moly. So rationale that slightly higher moly via additive would further improve. Probably overkill and not necessary, but why not explore the notion?
2. Simple curiosity, and to try to learn more. Seems like this hasn't been discussed on here and might be interesting to others.

Interesting will look into Lubegard and Schaaeffers.

The X-moly's are all MoDTC's. The Tri-Nuclear moly was simply a low-volativity form of MoDTC.

Most modern engine oils have some form MoDTC as a friction reducer.

An OTC version? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back